Help with asus p5g41t-mlx3

Last response: in Overclocking
September 7, 2011 7:37:19 AM

Hey can anybody tell me please some tips on how to oc with this motherboard

More about : asus p5g41t mlx3

a b K Overclocking
September 10, 2011 10:58:53 AM

Hey Vad

Well first thing you should do is head onto the overlocking help forum get a good understanding of what terms are used and what is what, rule number 1 always watch your temperatures when overlocking. There's not much info on clocking this board on the net its probably quite limited also being a G41 chipset i would expect so. Please put the rest of your system spec sup PSU,CPU,GRA and such.
m
l
September 10, 2011 5:54:47 PM

Pilk said:
Hey Vad

Well first thing you should do is head onto the overlocking help forum get a good understanding of what terms are used and what is what, rule number 1 always watch your temperatures when overlocking. There's not much info on clocking this board on the net its probably quite limited also being a G41 chipset i would expect so. Please put the rest of your system spec sup PSU,CPU,GRA and such.

i have an antec 650watt , Q6600 , kingston 5gb value ram ddr3 , althought im waitin for my new ram to come in 2x4gb g skill jigsaw ddr3 1333, i have a cooler master 310 , witch i customed alittle bit , i put a 120 mm fan on the top and extra fan in the front where cd bay is and an extra exhaust fan in the back witch in totally comes out to 6 fans inside , and my thermal take cpu cooler witchs sucks ,i orderd the hyper 212+
m
l
Related resources
September 10, 2011 5:55:23 PM

*4gb currently not 5 lol
m
l
September 10, 2011 6:34:12 PM

i DUNNO if you guys see but i riped the hard drive bay out completely it was one stupid design to put a front intake fan and cover 80 % of with the hard drive bay ,after i riped it off my temps signification droped
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 11, 2011 11:18:43 AM

LOL yip you did quiet a job there LOL! OK well the system looks good for it just worried to the limitations of your board the Q6600 you should be able to do well on, just with regards to the ram you would like to run make sure your board supports singular 4GB dimms, as it might not support them, also make sure you running 64-Bit os to address the 8GB if the memory is supported by the motherboard.
m
l
September 11, 2011 6:39:51 PM

Pilk said:
LOL yip you did quiet a job there LOL! OK well the system looks good for it just worried to the limitations of your board the Q6600 you should be able to do well on, just with regards to the ram you would like to run make sure your board supports singular 4GB dimms, as it might not support them, also make sure you running 64-Bit os to address the 8GB if the memory is supported by the motherboard.

ye im running on win 7 ultimate x64 , and the ram i picked out from the qualified vendor list, exact model from asus.com , espifically bought ram that was on that list not to encounter any problems, but hopefully tomorrow i should get my hyper 212+ and my ram from ups and fedex ,then ill try to oc it to 3.4, another good thing is that in new york theres no such thing as fall or spring ,we transitioning straight to winter, which should make my temps extra cold lol : )
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
September 11, 2011 8:40:47 PM

LOL well im here in SA and we moving into spring. Its so darn hot, heat is unbelievable! Well let me know how the clocking goes, if you need anything further just shout.
September 12, 2011 1:16:21 AM

Pilk said:
LOL well im here in SA and we moving into spring. Its so darn hot, heat is unbelievable! Well let me know how the clocking goes, if you need anything further just shout.

WELL DOO ! , thanks alot man !
m
l
September 12, 2011 1:16:49 AM

Best answer selected by vadimua.
m
l
September 13, 2011 4:49:59 AM

Pilk said:

damn im soo mad , i just installed my hyper 212+ and tried and tried to push the board, the most i squeezed out was 3.0 from 2.4 .thiss blowss :(  i didnt expect this from asus boards no matter how budget it is...and heres a problem with the 3.0 im pushing two mins into prime i get bsod but my temps are really good with the new heatsink,so decided not to run prime and just start using it like it is , and had no problems the whole day , playing games ,movies, web surfing , u think its okay like that..
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 13, 2011 9:03:40 AM

LOL Vad you selected the wrong best answer =) but its cool. That is a bit of concern i think the issue you having there is voltage, you might need t push that up a little, if your temps are alright then there should be no damage caused, obviously when you utilizing the machine for your other activities you are not using your system at 100 percent where as prime will. See if you can take a look at upping the voltages somewhere along the line, be careful with as you will need to make sure you know what you doing.
m
l
September 18, 2011 2:17:48 AM

Pilk said:
LOL Vad you selected the wrong best answer =) but its cool. That is a bit of concern i think the issue you having there is voltage, you might need t push that up a little, if your temps are alright then there should be no damage caused, obviously when you utilizing the machine for your other activities you are not using your system at 100 percent where as prime will. See if you can take a look at upping the voltages somewhere along the line, be careful with as you will need to make sure you know what you doing.

i think this stupid *** motherboard is gonna fly out the window my keyboard , its pissing me off cant overclock for nothing everytime i do it either freezes up sooner or later there is crazy... so i came up with a solution im waitin for one more paycheck and im gonna get my self the i5 2500k with a really good asus p8p67 ws revolution
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 18, 2011 12:07:30 PM

LOL OK cool man i would rather recommend a Gigabyte Z68 chipset board but if you wanna go asus then cool =)
m
l
!