Centric

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: The end of September

BUDGET RANGE: $800-$1000

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Music tracking/editing (with Pro Tools) from a home studio, some light gaming

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: I don’t need an OS or any of the peripherals (mouse, keyboard, etc.)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: No real preference, probably newegg.com or whatever’s cheapest

PARTS PREFERENCES: I know that with the amount of money I’m spending, I won’t be able to get the best of parts, but I’d like to put together at Core i7 build, just because Pro Tools can be severely processor heavy

OVERCLOCKING: Yes
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe in the future

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Since I’m in a home studio (with minimal sound isolation) a quiet computer is a must. I really have minimal experience with all this. I’ve been reading up a lot, but some of the parts (especially things like the case, power supply, etc. go way over my head). As for gaming, I’m really just looking for something that can run StarCraft 2 (though the specs aren’t really out yet) or Diablo 3. An estimate will suffice. I’m really excited to try my hand out at this, and I’m always open to suggestions. If you have any about anything, I’m willing to listen.

computersss

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
so you are going to purchase it after ~2 months!!!! it would be better if you came here and ask before 1 or 2 weeks because after 2 months the prices will drop and another pieces of hardware maybe out so it would be a waste of your time to ask now

TRENDING THREADS