Upgraded to XP and lost sound

Upgraded to XP and lost sound! In Device Manager it shows
that no multimedia audio controller is installed. I
reinstalled XP: same problem. Where from can I download
the required multimedia audio controler ? It does not
seem to exist on the XP CD as when I try to upgrade the
driver it is not found. Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about upgraded lost sound

    What is the make/model of your sound card?
    You need to go to the manufacturers website and get the latest Windows
    XP driver.

    Check the rest of your hardware, you may need other drivers.

    Natcparis: edited following request from quoted post author.
  2. The title of this topic has been edited by Natcparis

Configuration Multimedia Audio Windows XP