Upgraded to XP and lost sound

July 19, 2004 6:24:43 AM

Upgraded to XP and lost sound! In Device Manager it shows
that no multimedia audio controller is installed. I
reinstalled XP: same problem. Where from can I download
the required multimedia audio controler ? It does not
seem to exist on the XP CD as when I try to upgrade the
driver it is not found. Thanks

More about : upgraded lost sound

Anonymous
July 19, 2004 2:58:28 PM

What is the make/model of your sound card?
You need to go to the manufacturers website and get the latest Windows
XP driver.

Check the rest of your hardware, you may need other drivers.

Natcparis: edited following request from quoted post author.
January 17, 2011 1:49:18 PM

The title of this topic has been edited by Natcparis
!