Can I SLi 2 diff model GTX 295's

icewolf69

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
I recently had a powersurge (Through cable line that wasn't protected) and fried power supply and mobo. I'm ordering everything so that i don't have to wait weeks to troubleshoot to find out exactly what was fried. But my question is, I have a eVGA GTX 295 regular, and I have ordered a eVGA GTX 295 FTW edition (high clocks).

Would i be able to SLi these if by chance my current one isn't fried? would i have to overclock the regular or downclock the FTW edition?

I have a Corsair 1000watt power supply i think it would be enough to power SLi 295's

Thanks for your help.

Solution
The Corsair 100W will be enough. It's actually the PSU used in the build redgarl listed above. Of course having something a little beefier may be advisable if you're gonna get an i7 and overclock it as well as the cards. Of course, keeping your components cool will save some power (such parts are less efficient the hotter they get).
You will need a stronger power supply, or you are going to have a lot of BSOD.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/micro-atx-sff,2311-13.html

sbm-may09-high_charts-22.png

The Corsair 100W will be enough. It's actually the PSU used in the build redgarl listed above. Of course having something a little beefier may be advisable if you're gonna get an i7 and overclock it as well as the cards. Of course, keeping your components cool will save some power (such parts are less efficient the hotter they get).

Solution