***Sup! I'm still a n00b...Rig spec's inside...l33t advice needed

mikey88

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
Sorry about the obnoxious title...hey I had to get you in here somehow... :) I just need your advice on the fifth rig I've built...this is my best one yet! w00t!
I only want to run the componets at stock speeds for now...my question:

Is my stock installation running as quickly as it should? I've included the installed componets and all the applicable information I could gather. I used a easy little program called speccy - check it out here if you want - http://www.speccy.com

I guess, to me, it seems like the cpu/ram/mobo is bottlenecked? should my ram be running faster @ 800mhz? the mobo can handle 800mhz, 1066mhz and even 1333mhz if I overclock...what about the cpu's actual vs. rated vs. stock bus speed?

If this was your rig would you be satisfied or are there a few "standard" tweaks I'm not taking advantage of? Or does everything seem to be maxed out?

I know home construction really well...anyone have any questions in trade?

Thanks so much in advance and glad to be here :)

mikey88
jammastermike@hotmail.com

* Vista Home Premium 64 sp1
* Phenom II x4 940 - AM3
- bus speed = 200.9 mhz
- rated bus speed = 1808.2 mhz
- stock bus speed = 200 mhz
- L3 cache 6mb
- temp is appx 43 under no load
* Mushkin DDR2 - 8gb installed (4x2gb dimms)
-pc2-6400 (running @ 400mhz)
* Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
- Support for DDR2 1333(O.C.)/1066/800 MHz
* Award Software - version f4 - 4/21/2009
* Evga Gtx275 - DDR3 - 896Mb - 448 Bit
* WD Black 640gb
* Antec 900 w/750psu
* LG DVD, LiteOn BluRay + bunch of fans and lights and stuff and an artic cooler on my cpu :)

Upendra09

Distinguished
I personally would have gotten the 945 BE but your good on that

the bus speed was recorded either when cool 'n quiet was running or you took base bus speed which means that we need the multiplier but i think you are fine

your memory is running at 800. it says 400 but you multiply it by 2 and get 800 since it is DDR (double data rate so you have to multiply the DRAm frequency by two)

you don't 750 watt PSU for that though. a 500 would ave been plenty

but that looks like a solid build so far

if you want you can change the PSU but that is the only thing to be changed

mikey88

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
thanks upendra...what do mean "you took base bus speed"? Can I just disable cool n quiet? it's already a loud machine...

thanks for takin the time...

peace,

mike