Harp sound?

Since installing University (and finding very little time to actually
play with it...I've only visited one university twice) I've noticed
occasionally the sound of a harp, which evidentally is a music cue for
something being achieved by someone. Yet I can't figure out what. When
I hear it I stop and check out all my Sims, and they appear to just be
doing normal things. So what's the harp music cue stand for?

--
--Cuth

I can't say I've heard any harp sounds. Is it maybe the tinkling-like
music that plays when a boy child is using the toilet that you are
hearing? I think that was new with University.

I thought they always did that. I'm trying to remember if I've heard a harp
as well but can't recall it.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Emrysia" <ethorick@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I can't say I've heard any harp sounds. Is it maybe the tinkling-like
> music that plays when a boy child is using the toilet that you are
> hearing? I think that was new with University.

caz

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2004

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Since installing University (and finding very little time to actually
> play with it...I've only visited one university twice) I've noticed
> occasionally the sound of a harp, which evidentally is a music cue for
> something being achieved by someone. Yet I can't figure out what. When I
> hear it I stop and check out all my Sims, and they appear to
> just be doing normal things. So what's the harp music cue stand for?

Maybe a Sim has developed a crush on another Sim? ;)
--
Caz

Emrysia wrote:
> I can't say I've heard any harp sounds. Is it maybe the tinkling-like
> music that plays when a boy child is using the toilet that you are
> hearing? I think that was new with University.

1) the "tinkling" sound is not new with University. We did a thread on
this just a while ago.

2) I think I know the difference between a xylophone and a harp. :)

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Since installing University (and finding very little time to actually
> play with it...I've only visited one university twice) I've noticed
> occasionally the sound of a harp, which evidentally is a music cue for
> something being achieved by someone. Yet I can't figure out what. When I
> hear it I stop and check out all my Sims, and they appear to
> just be doing normal things. So what's the harp music cue stand for?

Is it the falling in love or getting a crush sound? If you have a drama prof
wandering around your property you might hear it a lot more than you are
used to because they interact with a Sim once and voila it's heart time.

Gareeth

I keep hearing a sound similar to the daily aging thing (you know, the
one that happens at 6pm when everyone ages one day), it's been
happening when someone achieves a skill point or a want. Is that the
same as what you've been getting?

~*~
vecki

Gareeth wrote:

> Is it the falling in love or getting a crush sound? If you have a drama prof
> wandering around your property you might hear it a lot more than you are
> used to because they interact with a Sim once and voila it's heart time.
>
> Gareeth

Yeah, I think that's it. I had a professor over chatting with two
students (one of them hoping to bed him) and that's what happened.

--
--Cuth

vecki wrote:
> I keep hearing a sound similar to the daily aging thing (you know, the
> one that happens at 6pm when everyone ages one day), it's been
> happening when someone achieves a skill point or a want. Is that the
> same as what you've been getting?

No, I'll repeat, this is a H A R P sound...

--
--Cuth