Harp sound?

Since installing University (and finding very little time to actually
play with it...I've only visited one university twice) I've noticed
occasionally the sound of a harp, which evidentally is a music cue for
something being achieved by someone. Yet I can't figure out what. When
I hear it I stop and check out all my Sims, and they appear to just be
doing normal things. So what's the harp music cue stand for?

--
--Cuth
8 answers Last reply

    I can't say I've heard any harp sounds. Is it maybe the tinkling-like
    music that plays when a boy child is using the toilet that you are
    hearing? I think that was new with University.

    I thought they always did that. I'm trying to remember if I've heard a harp
    as well but can't recall it.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Since installing University (and finding very little time to actually
    > play with it...I've only visited one university twice) I've noticed
    > occasionally the sound of a harp, which evidentally is a music cue for
    > something being achieved by someone. Yet I can't figure out what. When I
    > hear it I stop and check out all my Sims, and they appear to
    > just be doing normal things. So what's the harp music cue stand for?

    Maybe a Sim has developed a crush on another Sim? ;)
    --
    Caz

    Emrysia wrote:
    > I can't say I've heard any harp sounds. Is it maybe the tinkling-like
    > music that plays when a boy child is using the toilet that you are
    > hearing? I think that was new with University.

    1) the "tinkling" sound is not new with University. We did a thread on
    this just a while ago.

    2) I think I know the difference between a xylophone and a harp. :-)

    --
    --Cuth

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Since installing University (and finding very little time to actually
    > play with it...I've only visited one university twice) I've noticed
    > occasionally the sound of a harp, which evidentally is a music cue for
    > something being achieved by someone. Yet I can't figure out what. When I
    > hear it I stop and check out all my Sims, and they appear to
    > just be doing normal things. So what's the harp music cue stand for?

    Is it the falling in love or getting a crush sound? If you have a drama prof
    wandering around your property you might hear it a lot more than you are
    used to because they interact with a Sim once and voila it's heart time.

    Gareeth

    I keep hearing a sound similar to the daily aging thing (you know, the
    one that happens at 6pm when everyone ages one day), it's been
    happening when someone achieves a skill point or a want. Is that the
    same as what you've been getting?

    ~*~
    vecki

    Gareeth wrote:

    > Is it the falling in love or getting a crush sound? If you have a drama prof
    > wandering around your property you might hear it a lot more than you are
    > used to because they interact with a Sim once and voila it's heart time.
    >
    > Gareeth

    Yeah, I think that's it. I had a professor over chatting with two
    students (one of them hoping to bed him) and that's what happened.

    --
    --Cuth

    vecki wrote:
    > I keep hearing a sound similar to the daily aging thing (you know, the
    > one that happens at 6pm when everyone ages one day), it's been
    > happening when someone achieves a skill point or a want. Is that the
    > same as what you've been getting?

    No, I'll repeat, this is a H A R P sound...

    --
    --Cuth

Sims Music Games Video Games