Xp not running in safe mode

kolkata7

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Hello,
My Xp not running in safe mode, whether it run normal mode? please tell me how to solve this problem?

Are you pressing F8 key soon enough in the boot process ?

I don't understand the rest of your question "whether it run normal mode"

alphaproject

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2007
I have a similar problem.

I migrated a WinXP install from Acronis and it loads fine until I start installing stuff that needs to be installed, then eventually...I get black screen...not even the BSOD. It just makes the mobo beep 1 time and then sits there.

I also don't have use of the keyboard and if I touch a key it will lock up the winxp.

I moved from A duo Core 2 to i5-2500K and with Win7 everything works...but all my old programs that I don't wanna lose are on the WinXP installation. I'm trying to find the best way to get this to work and I'm running into all sorts of wierd problems. Windows finds new hardware constantly but should I let it install stuff or cancel everything and use install disks? This is all assuming I have use of my mouse and keyboard. I know it's USB related but I don't know how exactly or I would fix it from my Win7 installation. I can see that drive... is there anything I can manually delete to get WinXP running? I need some experts.

Please start your own thread, not hijack an existing one.

Quick answer, you need to reinstall all of the drivers for the motherboard, video, etc...

Using a clone of a drive from a PC with different hardware usually does not work well. Windows 7 is much better dealing with unknown hardware and has a lot more drivers built-in so has less issues.

+1 , As usual.

alphaproject

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2007
Actually...I googled the problem and no one seems to have the exact problem, thus when I strted my own thread...no one answers...so not PLUS 1 ... Minus 2.

Win7 did sort itself out eventually...XP...not so much even from brand new install.

Another FYI...installed the Mobo drivers from the Site and an error always occurs near the end right when it should just finish out the USB drivers. Done...search for my unanswered thread somewhere....if you could help. I doubt anyone can though....

It is pretty simple to provide a link in your next reply of your unanswered thread by visiting it, and copy/paste it. The Plus 1 stands - Abide by forum rules. - Why should I have to go search for your thread ?