So nobody knows?

So nobody else has the same problem or knows why I get that message
"This content requires expansion pack data that is not installed"
Well that's just the pits! :(
22 answers Last reply
More about knows

    Yes :) That's why it's a mystery to me.

    On 30 Jun 2005 10:00:46 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

    >So nobody else has the same problem or knows why I get that message
    >"This content requires expansion pack data that is not installed"
    >Well that's just the pits! :(

    Eh... you DO have University, right?

    On 30 Jun 2005 21:07:10 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

    >Yes :) That's why it's a mystery to me.

    Is it possible you've deleted something, or cleaninstall has deleted
    something, or an object you are trying to use is labeled a as of yet
    nonexistent EP?

    Yes, I just did it as a straight install, not changing anything

    Assuming I did(accidentally delete something), how would I go about
    correcting it? Do you think we are talking about a reinstall?
    No I haven't used cleaninstall. Any houses or objects that are labled
    specifically for Uni are the ones I can't install

    This may sound daft but I take it you installed Uni into the same place as
    Sims2 and not somwhere else?

    "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Yes, I just did it as a straight install, not changing anything

    Just info. I had to to do three clean installs of University before
    everything ran perfectly. It was driving me mad.
    One set of problems the first time, then a completely different set. Then,
    for no good reason, the third time worked.

    Granny.

    I am saying ... nothing.

    Maxon

    >I am saying ... nothing.
    >
    > Maxon

    <narrow eyes> Sssssssssssssssss

    GG

    Smirk

    On 1 Jul 2005 07:55:08 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

    >Assuming I did(accidentally delete something), how would I go about
    >correcting it? Do you think we are talking about a reinstall?
    >No I haven't used cleaninstall. Any houses or objects that are labled
    >specifically for Uni are the ones I can't install

    Hmm, I see... well this problem is potentially very difficult to track
    down... you might be better off, and work it out much faster, with a
    reinstall. I don't see how any hacks can be responsible for missing
    data either. Either that, or you would have to do some sort of file
    compare with someone else, excluding the custom data folders.

    Hey, wait a minute... it doesn't install any custom data in the
    original install folder, does it?

    I have Sims 2 Uni + patch, and it reads as
    Size 3,65GB (3,925,106,869) (look at size only, not size on disk)
    4,034 files in 343 folders.

    If you have University + the patch, theoretically, they should
    match... shouldn't they? I mean, the core game is left untouched, all
    the custom content and tweaks are installed in my documents.

    Let's hope there's just one version of the sims. I have an
    international one, with like 16 languages.

    > Smirk

    I hope the wind changes..

    >> >I am saying ... nothing.

    >> <narrow eyes> Sssssssssssssssss

    patch?

    I did two complete reinstalls and I still get that message :(

    I've done two, maybe third time is the charm? I don't know if I am
    ready to go there just yet.

    I have Sims 2 Uni + patch, and it reads as
    Size 3,65GB (3,925,106,869) (look at size only, not size on disk)
    4,034 files in 343 folders.

    How do I check this out? I checked the folder in c:program
    files\EAgames\TheSims and I don't have any where near that. I checked
    the folder in my Documents and unless I go into my downloads folder I
    don't have anywere near that either.

    My son (he works at Symantec and has computer smarts) is coming over
    tomorrow, so I will show him this post with your answere and see if he
    can tell.

    Thanks Guardian for your help :)

    I realize you mean the original, do you need it with Uni? Isn't it
    included?

    > I've done two, maybe third time is the charm? I don't know if I am
    > ready to go there just yet.

    Took me three goes before I could get the little horrors to register and do
    any college work. College option never appeared. 8(

    Wish it didn't now.

    Granny.

    It's english only.
    This is what is inside my Sims 2 folder in c:\Programs
    CS Bin (folder)
    Support (folder)
    TS Bin (folder)
    TS Data (folder)
    addflist.bat
    eauninstall.exe
    eauninstall.ico
    filelist.txt
    OETreeDelete.xls
    Sims2.ico
    Sims2_uninst.exe

    11 objects 753KB

    Pretty much the same thing in the Uni folder

    On 2 Jul 2005 09:16:21 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

    >I realize you mean the original, do you need it with Uni? Isn't it
    >included?

    It's been so long, I thought the patch released was for uni, so never
    mind that bit hehe

    On 2 Jul 2005 07:16:17 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

    >I have Sims 2 Uni + patch, and it reads as
    >Size 3,65GB (3,925,106,869) (look at size only, not size on disk)
    >4,034 files in 343 folders.
    >
    >How do I check this out? I checked the folder in c:program
    >files\EAgames\TheSims and I don't have any where near that. I checked
    >the folder in my Documents and unless I go into my downloads folder I
    >don't have anywere near that either.
    >
    >My son (he works at Symantec and has computer smarts) is coming over
    >tomorrow, so I will show him this post with your answere and see if he
    >can tell.
    >
    >Thanks Guardian for your help :)

    Wish I could be of more help... hmmm... nowhere near that? You mean
    your game is far smaller? After everything is installed? Did you check
    to see if yours is english only, or international?

    Look in \The Sims 2\Support and see if cs (czheck?), da (danish), de
    (german) en-uk (uk english) etc. are listed...

    And tell me the size of your Sims 2 folder... (core game, not saved
    data)

    On 2 Jul 2005 07:03:43 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

    >I did two complete reinstalls and I still get that message :(

    OK, that's just weird... but did you reinsert your saved data before
    trying to run the game? If so, it must be a hack or custom object...
    if not, I would guess there is either a registry error in Windows, or
    something is not right with your computer... CPU is
    corrupt/overheating, memory is corrupt, or harddrive is corrupt...

    After you uninstall Sims 2 try running EasyCleaner
    http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

    It will delete all invalid registry entries...

    Crossing my fingers for ya...

Sims Games Video Games