So nobody knows?

Last response: in Video Games
June 30, 2005 2:00:46 PM

So nobody else has the same problem or knows why I get that message
"This content requires expansion pack data that is not installed"
Well that's just the pits! :(

More about : question

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 1:07:10 AM

Yes :)  That's why it's a mystery to me.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 4:41:10 AM

On 30 Jun 2005 10:00:46 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

>So nobody else has the same problem or knows why I get that message
>"This content requires expansion pack data that is not installed"
>Well that's just the pits! :(

Eh... you DO have University, right?
July 1, 2005 10:32:31 AM

On 30 Jun 2005 21:07:10 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

>Yes :)  That's why it's a mystery to me.

Is it possible you've deleted something, or cleaninstall has deleted
something, or an object you are trying to use is labeled a as of yet
nonexistent EP?
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 11:52:37 AM

Yes, I just did it as a straight install, not changing anything
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 11:55:08 AM

Assuming I did(accidentally delete something), how would I go about
correcting it? Do you think we are talking about a reinstall?
No I haven't used cleaninstall. Any houses or objects that are labled
specifically for Uni are the ones I can't install
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 6:11:16 PM

This may sound daft but I take it you installed Uni into the same place as
Sims2 and not somwhere else?
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 7:24:27 PM

"JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote in message
> Yes, I just did it as a straight install, not changing anything

Just info. I had to to do three clean installs of University before
everything ran perfectly. It was driving me mad.
One set of problems the first time, then a completely different set. Then,
for no good reason, the third time worked.

Granny.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 1:51:57 AM

I am saying ... nothing.

Maxon

"Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, I just did it as a straight install, not changing anything
> >

> Just info. I had to to do three clean installs of University before
> everything ran perfectly. It was driving me mad.
> One set of problems the first time, then a completely different set. Then,
> for no good reason, the third time worked.
>
> Granny.

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 2:45:33 AM

>I am saying ... nothing.
>
> Maxon

<narrow eyes> Sssssssssssssssss

GG
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 3:24:48 AM

Smirk

> >I am saying ... nothing.
> >
> > Maxon
> >
> <narrow eyes> Sssssssssssssssss
>
> GG

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 4:45:28 AM

On 1 Jul 2005 07:55:08 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

>Assuming I did(accidentally delete something), how would I go about
>correcting it? Do you think we are talking about a reinstall?
>No I haven't used cleaninstall. Any houses or objects that are labled
>specifically for Uni are the ones I can't install

Hmm, I see... well this problem is potentially very difficult to track
down... you might be better off, and work it out much faster, with a
reinstall. I don't see how any hacks can be responsible for missing
data either. Either that, or you would have to do some sort of file
compare with someone else, excluding the custom data folders.

Hey, wait a minute... it doesn't install any custom data in the
original install folder, does it?

I have Sims 2 Uni + patch, and it reads as
Size 3,65GB (3,925,106,869) (look at size only, not size on disk)
4,034 files in 343 folders.

If you have University + the patch, theoretically, they should
match... shouldn't they? I mean, the core game is left untouched, all
the custom content and tweaks are installed in my documents.

Let's hope there's just one version of the sims. I have an
international one, with like 16 languages.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 10:43:37 AM

> Smirk

I hope the wind changes..

>> >I am saying ... nothing.

>> <narrow eyes> Sssssssssssssssss

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 11:02:32 AM

patch?
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 11:03:43 AM

I did two complete reinstalls and I still get that message :(
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 11:06:38 AM

I've done two, maybe third time is the charm? I don't know if I am
ready to go there just yet.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 11:16:17 AM

I have Sims 2 Uni + patch, and it reads as
Size 3,65GB (3,925,106,869) (look at size only, not size on disk)
4,034 files in 343 folders.

How do I check this out? I checked the folder in c:p rogram
files\EAgames\TheSims and I don't have any where near that. I checked
the folder in my Documents and unless I go into my downloads folder I
don't have anywere near that either.

My son (he works at Symantec and has computer smarts) is coming over
tomorrow, so I will show him this post with your answere and see if he
can tell.

Thanks Guardian for your help :)
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 1:16:21 PM

I realize you mean the original, do you need it with Uni? Isn't it
included?
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 6:52:31 PM

> I've done two, maybe third time is the charm? I don't know if I am
> ready to go there just yet.

Took me three goes before I could get the little horrors to register and do
any college work. College option never appeared. 8(

Wish it didn't now.

Granny.
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 1:47:29 AM

It's english only.
This is what is inside my Sims 2 folder in c:\Programs
CS Bin (folder)
Support (folder)
TS Bin (folder)
TS Data (folder)
addflist.bat
eauninstall.exe
eauninstall.ico
filelist.txt
OETreeDelete.xls
Sims2.ico
Sims2_uninst.exe

11 objects 753KB

Pretty much the same thing in the Uni folder
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 9:40:07 AM

On 2 Jul 2005 09:16:21 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

>I realize you mean the original, do you need it with Uni? Isn't it
>included?

It's been so long, I thought the patch released was for uni, so never
mind that bit hehe
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 9:42:44 AM

On 2 Jul 2005 07:16:17 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

>I have Sims 2 Uni + patch, and it reads as
>Size 3,65GB (3,925,106,869) (look at size only, not size on disk)
>4,034 files in 343 folders.
>
>How do I check this out? I checked the folder in c:p rogram
>files\EAgames\TheSims and I don't have any where near that. I checked
>the folder in my Documents and unless I go into my downloads folder I
>don't have anywere near that either.
>
>My son (he works at Symantec and has computer smarts) is coming over
>tomorrow, so I will show him this post with your answere and see if he
>can tell.
>
>Thanks Guardian for your help :)

Wish I could be of more help... hmmm... nowhere near that? You mean
your game is far smaller? After everything is installed? Did you check
to see if yours is english only, or international?

Look in \The Sims 2\Support and see if cs (czheck?), da (danish), de
(german) en-uk (uk english) etc. are listed...

And tell me the size of your Sims 2 folder... (core game, not saved
data)
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 9:45:30 AM

On 2 Jul 2005 07:03:43 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

>I did two complete reinstalls and I still get that message :(

OK, that's just weird... but did you reinsert your saved data before
trying to run the game? If so, it must be a hack or custom object...
if not, I would guess there is either a registry error in Windows, or
something is not right with your computer... CPU is
corrupt/overheating, memory is corrupt, or harddrive is corrupt...

After you uninstall Sims 2 try running EasyCleaner
http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

It will delete all invalid registry entries...

Crossing my fingers for ya...
!