Sign in with
Your question

Harder to wake up with keyboard - battery?

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Battery
  • Keyboards
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
January 22, 2010 12:26:49 PM

Recently I'm finding it harder to wake up my computer by pressing the keyboard. Sometimes I need to try several times or resort to pressing the reset button on the case. A few weeks ago I added a new sound card, and a few days ago I swapped out a defunct wireless adapter for a new one. But I am wondering if the problem could be related to a failing battery on the motherboard, and the phenomena is reminiscent of difficulty starting a car with a bad battery. Has anyone encountered something similar?

The motherboard is ASUS M2NBP-VM

More about : harder wake keyboard battery

a b V Motherboard
January 28, 2010 6:02:42 AM

I doubt if it's your motherboard's battery, since it can still draw power through the PSU. I had a similar problem however, and after I updated my drivers—including the set for the motherboard—the problem went away.
m
l
February 12, 2010 5:11:57 PM

grokkalot said:
Recently I'm finding it harder to wake up my computer by pressing the keyboard. Sometimes I need to try several times or resort to pressing the reset button on the case. A few weeks ago I added a new sound card, and a few days ago I swapped out a defunct wireless adapter for a new one. But I am wondering if the problem could be related to a failing battery on the motherboard, and the phenomena is reminiscent of difficulty starting a car with a bad battery. Has anyone encountered something similar?

The motherboard is ASUS M2NBP-VM

I probably should have changed the motherboard battery first, because that is cheapest and easiest. However I changed the power supply first, and it seemed to help a little, but then the problems reoccurred and finally I changed the motherboard battery and disconnected some uneeded peripherals. My problem is gone now, but I didn't pinpoint the precise cause. It was probably either the battery or a peripheral that was no longer installed correctly (either because it had failed electronically or its cable had come loose or something along those lines).

m
l
!