Quad Boot? XPpro 32bit, W7 32bit, W7 64 bit, Ubuntu

Finished my E5200 OC build (just idling for the moment, drive unformatted).

I'm just wondering if the following quad boot is possible:

1. I have XP pro 32bit I will install this in its own partition.

2. I Pre-Ordered Win7 upgrade from XP pro - Can I install the 32 and 64 bit versions in two separate partitions?

I read that a Win7 upgrade from XP has to be a clean install and that it ships with 32 and 64 bit versions. I would like to check them both out without giving up XPpro just yet. This saves me the hassle of re-installing each time I want to check out a versions compatibility with older software.

3. Install Ubuntu - no problem with this, but now I would be at a quad boot.

Has anyone given this some thought, or tried it?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about quad boot xppro 32bit 32bit ubuntu
  1. Seeing as you ordered the upgrade version, I'd wager that you can't do fresh installs of either the 32- or 64-bit version. Granted, I've never used an upgrade version, I've always done the full retail or OEM version, so I can't say for sure.

Aside from that, I don't see any problem with a quad-boot. Just partition your drive as many times as you want. I find it easiest to do on a single HDD, but that's just for my own convenience. And the Wubi installer makes for a great multi-boot solution for Ubuntu.
  2. Would be nice if win7 would allow it but you're probably right about the upgrade vs. retail.

I'll be doing this on a single drive also.

Just curious, which version of ubuntu are you using? 8 still seems like the most stable from what I've read.
  3. I'm running 9.04 on all my machines minus my eeepc , which is running 8.10. Stick with whatever works, since Linux just decides not to work on certain hardware or setups.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Quad Boot Windows XP Systems