Sign in with
Your question

Intel motherboard D865glc boot problem

Last response: in Motherboards
January 22, 2010 2:24:16 PM

The system comes on when the power supply is switched to the on position. The on/off swith on the case has no effect, have tested switch it works. I get a logo on the moniter but pushing F2 as it comes up does nothing. any suggestions?
a b V Motherboard
a b ) Power supply
January 22, 2010 2:38:52 PM

I'm not sure I understand where the issue is.

The PSU does need to be in the on position, so that is good.

If the power button on the case has no effect, how did you test it? Have you tried holding it down for ~5 seconds? If it doesn't work when you do that, your wiring may be backwards, or on the wrong pins.

Is F2 a valid keystroke for your motherboard? Try using F8 or the delete key.
m
l
January 22, 2010 10:16:58 PM

thanks, aford10 I figured it. It was the sequence of turning on the PS and pushing the on/off button. Also that there was a bios setting wrong. Anyway its working right now.
thanks again
AL
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b ) Power supply
January 22, 2010 10:19:42 PM

Good to hear.
m
l
September 13, 2011 4:33:14 AM

al erwin said:
thanks, aford10 I figured it. It was the sequence of turning on the PS and pushing the on/off button. Also that there was a bios setting wrong. Anyway its working right now.
thanks again
AL

I am having the same problem, what bios setting did you change, and could you describe the sequence.
thanks.
m
l
September 13, 2011 8:35:42 PM

looks like i figured it out myself, i was upgrading a MB D865GVHZ to a D865GLC, the power switch was compatible according to the manuals, they were exact save voltages and such on the pins, but the brown wire i had to cut. it was connecting pin 9 (+5V) and pin 5 (reset). so it was resetting as soon as turned on. did not have to change anything in bios.
m
l
September 13, 2011 8:41:37 PM

[fixed]
looks like i figured it out myself, i was upgrading a MB D865GVHZ to a D865GLC, the power switch was compatible according to the manuals, they were exact same voltages and such on the pins, but the brown wire i had to cut. it was connecting pin 9 (+5V) and pin 5 (reset). so it was resetting as soon as turned on. did not have to change anything in bios.

ALSO had to use 2 jumpers for front panel audio pin connector, so audio driver did think headphones were plugged in and not allowing back audio from working. jumper on 5 (right out) and 6 (right channel return), 9 (left out) and 10 (left channel return).
SOLVED.
m
l
!