Help Ram Overclocking

Hello,
Yesterday I received my 2 new Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz kits (16gb) [Low Profile]
I am not very familiar with RAM overclocking so I went and did my research first
because when I first installed the memory I was running at only 888mhz (or so)
I have it now 1333 I don't wish to achieve 1666 because I cannot boot windows when I try

but anyways here is the issue that I am now running into
I have my phenom ii x6 1100t running at 4.0 ghz (it is stable I ran occt for a few hours)
but whenever I play games or use adobe applications etc, I blue screen after so long

the memory comes at stock 1.5v I gradually bumped it 1.65v still running into this issue

any help will be greatly appreciated,

Specs:
Mobo: Asus m4a89gtd pro/usb 3
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x6 1100t w/ Thermaltake Frio OCK
RAM: 16GB Corsair vengeance LP
GPU: His Turbo 6970
PSU: Kingwin Laser 1000w
2 answers Last reply
More about help overclocking
  1. Sometimes you can still boot and do minor tasks on an unstable machine before running into problems randomly/during heavier tasks. Try clocking the processor lower and getting everything as close to 100% stable as possible (run benchmarks to check) and then raise things up slowly, checking stability with benchmarks often.
  2. Your current RAM speed is the bus speed multiplied by the RAM multiplier (or ~ratio). With a BE CPU, you only raise the CPU multiplier, so I don't think that the instability is caused by your RAM, unless your RAM has errors (btw, did you test it with MemTest86+ ).

Have you tried adjusting vcore?
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Overclocking RAM