Sign in with
Your question

Help Ram Overclocking

Last response: in Overclocking
September 9, 2011 5:47:18 PM

Hello,
Yesterday I received my 2 new Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz kits (16gb) [Low Profile]
I am not very familiar with RAM overclocking so I went and did my research first
because when I first installed the memory I was running at only 888mhz (or so)
I have it now 1333 I don't wish to achieve 1666 because I cannot boot windows when I try

but anyways here is the issue that I am now running into
I have my phenom ii x6 1100t running at 4.0 ghz (it is stable I ran occt for a few hours)
but whenever I play games or use adobe applications etc, I blue screen after so long

the memory comes at stock 1.5v I gradually bumped it 1.65v still running into this issue

any help will be greatly appreciated,

Specs:
Mobo: Asus m4a89gtd pro/usb 3
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x6 1100t w/ Thermaltake Frio OCK
RAM: 16GB Corsair vengeance LP
GPU: His Turbo 6970
PSU: Kingwin Laser 1000w

More about : ram overclocking

a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
September 16, 2011 4:49:14 PM

Sometimes you can still boot and do minor tasks on an unstable machine before running into problems randomly/during heavier tasks. Try clocking the processor lower and getting everything as close to 100% stable as possible (run benchmarks to check) and then raise things up slowly, checking stability with benchmarks often.
m
l
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
September 16, 2011 7:16:30 PM

Your current RAM speed is the bus speed multiplied by the RAM multiplier (or ~ratio). With a BE CPU, you only raise the CPU multiplier, so I don't think that the instability is caused by your RAM, unless your RAM has errors (btw, did you test it with MemTest86+ ).

Have you tried adjusting vcore?
m
l
!