ekim56

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
I am dumpimg my onboard graphics chips with a new video card . My power supply is only 300 watts so I want to get somthing bigger. I resourced pretty well mainly on the card . I can not seem to find the dimentions for the power supplies or hole locationsmon any of the spec. I have looked at on new power supplies. I know there can not be some kind of standard for them. So do I just have to hope it fits or be ready for a refit. I have not ordered one yet so any information would be truely appreciated.
Thank you Mike Mitchell

shubham1401

Distinguished
Need some more info...
At least tell the brand of the PSU...

300W by today's standard is low.
So It may handle a HD4670(If its a good quality one)

And what you want it for?

deathsentry

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
Similarly, I am looking to purchase an HP Pavilion p6280t Desktop PC which only has 300W, however, I would like to separately purchase a radeon 58xx series or possibly 5970 (depending on price); the latter required 650W in a single configuration (or around 800W in crossfire).

Before I purchase the PC I wanted to be sure I could change the power supply easily but have not been able to get through to HP (either they don't know or I keep getting dropped from tech support).

Specs:

Type Multimedia, productivity PC
Usage Business
Chassis uATX
Memory card reader 15-in-1 media card reader
Total memory slots 4 DIMM
Ports 6 USB (2 front, 4 back)
Audio Front headphone and mic ports (7.1 speaker capable)
Total slots 1 PCIe (x16 graphics), 3 PCIe (x1)
Energy Star Qualified No
Power supply 300 watts
Storage bay N/A
Dimensions 16.85"(L) x 6.97"(W) x 15.32"(H)
Modem Optional
Network interface Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps (Ethernet)
Software kit HP Pavilion bundle with MediaSmart Software Suite
DVD/CD burner software Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe
Tools Desktop icon for built-in desktop Help and Support Center
Warranty 1-year limited hardware
Support 1-year limited software, 1-year limited hardware support

DeathSentry, you should start your own thread. The "standard" ATX PSU will fit in your case - with one caveat. The really powerful PSU's tend to be a little longer than average and may not fit because of length.

ekim - need more information.