Explorer Windows Freeze When Closed or Minimized

Status
Not open for further replies.

chjade84

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
I apologize in advance if this has been covered but I could not find anything.

Using Windows 7 RC1 I have noticed that fairly often when I minimize or close various windows they freeze partway through fading out. The system is still usable but those frozen windows stay on top for 5-15 seconds. The taskbar shows them as being closed yet they are faded into the background. I will try to get a screenshot later tonight but I am at work right now. All drivers installed OK automatically and the video card(s) are seen ok.

I wouldn't imagine it is a hardware problem.

E8500
Asus P5Q-E
4GB 1333 DDR2
GTX 260
9600GT
Corsair 550w PS

Any thoughts? It's not a deal-breaker for using RC1 but it sure is annoying. Besides, RC1 fixed the beta issue where Winamp visualizations would freeze for 5 sec between song changes, which is a huge deal to me.

Thanks!

Solution
The first thing I would do is check device manager for any flags. The second thing I would do is ensure your drivers are up to date: I know nVidia have ones specifically for Win 7 available on their site.

You can also run the troubleshooting utilities (search on the word 'Troubleshoot")
The first thing I would do is check device manager for any flags. The second thing I would do is ensure your drivers are up to date: I know nVidia have ones specifically for Win 7 available on their site.

You can also run the troubleshooting utilities (search on the word 'Troubleshoot")

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.