Quick Launch bar not saving

My quick launch bar disappears everytime I restart. I
then have to right-click on the toolbar and check quick
launch and it reappears until I restart again. I've tried
creating a new account but still have the same problem.
Any help on how to retain my settings?
3 answers Last reply
More about quick launch saving

    "Eric W." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >My quick launch bar disappears everytime I restart. I
    >then have to right-click on the toolbar and check quick
    >launch and it reappears until I restart again. I've tried
    >creating a new account but still have the same problem.
    >Any help on how to retain my settings?

    Check the computer for viruses and other malware.
    "List of Antivirus Software Vendors"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=49500)

    --
    (tm)

    Thanks, but I guess I should have mentioned that I ran
    Norton and Adaware with the latest updates beforehand and
    came up with nothing. Are there any other suggestions?

    Re-scan your system from the Safe Mode to make sure that it is clean.
    Check your startup settings to find out if something here is causing
    this. Applications that start with Windows can be found here:
    - the WIN.INI, section [windows], entries "run=" and "load="
    - the Registry keys
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    - the folders
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\{username}\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
    See also "How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows
    XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
    Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Microsoft Quick Launch Windows XP