Antivirus software for my computer?

terenkleon

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Okay so my computer has countless problems that I can't even write them all here, but it works almost fine when it's been on for at least an hour the main thing is that it's pretty damn slow. Anyways I was thinking of buying some sort of antivirus software, and wanted to know what should I get and will it fix all or the majority of my computer's problems

bearfrods

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
I don’t know if an antivirus would solve all of your problems, but it definitely would be a good idea.

I recommend using Microsoft Security Essentials, it’s good and it’s free. But if you want to actually spend money on it, ESET NOD32 is the best.

I’ve heard that Kaspersky is good, too. But don’t waste your money on Norton (Symantec) or McAfee… they will make your computer even slower.

The other thing that I would suggest is upgrading your RAM… having too little of it will make your computer extremely slow.

dj07

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
You should first run disk defragmenter and disk cleanup in your PC. If you think that upgrading the AV program will solve your problem then you can install any AV software which is light and fast. In my opinion Immunet Plus, Avira and avast are best, you can approach for any of them.

howardmac

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012

eing slow has every little to do with viruses, it cause ur system is over loaded with all kinds off junk & temp files u may not be awere of, lots of peogram loading at start-up u don't use or need they take up 50% of ur ram. so when ur ruuning ur games watching video's play music is running out of ram & then it comes to virtual ram which it uses ur hraddrive this is bad from the start can cause it to crash or blue screen, the way u stop all of this from happening id go stop those programs from loading by go into msconfig in run type it hit ok then go to the startup tab in there all with marks load so disable all but ur anti virus, that restart, then do a disk clean-up make sure a mark is in all temps & the trash, after that do a defrag now & cery 3 months the disk clean-up weekly, go into add & remove & uninstall programs u don't use all the tool bar u don't nned or use, clean it all up u will get back space & a smooth running system..