Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I have Core 2 Quad Q8200 with dg41rq motherboard . how do i get the bst out of i

Last response: in Overclocking
September 10, 2011 2:56:39 AM

I have Core 2 Quad Q8200 with dg41rq motherboard with 4 gb ram and 1 gb nvidia 9500 graphic card . but it doesnt perform up to the mark . I feel there is something wrng .should i change the motherboard or is there any other way. help plz
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
September 10, 2011 1:30:42 PM

Sorry to say but you got the worst of that era when it comes to both board and cpu when overclocking is in mind. First the cpu has a very low multiplier and requires a very high fsb to get any decent clocks out of. To be worse it's stock wattage is a little high for some boards when pushed during overclocking. Second is the board, well Intel branded boards aren't much for those who have overclocking in mind and most like my self like to overclocking through bios so that might be out of the option for you. However software overclocking in windows can provides a small boost but if done wrong you will blue screen or lock up your system.

The best that you can do is indeed replace the board with a proper board with overclocking options ect via the bios from brands like Asus, MSI, XFX, EVGA, and others. They make overclocking a little more simple while providing useful features.
m
l

Best solution

September 10, 2011 1:55:29 PM

The Geforce 9500 is really outdated, a newer graphics card would make a big difference in gaming.
Related resources
September 11, 2011 3:23:56 AM

Best answer selected by pac_03.
m
l
September 17, 2011 10:36:21 AM

G41 is crap motherboard... Don't even try overclocking on it.
m
l
!