Cpu/Motherboard running a bit hot while gaming

aat7

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Hey all,

I recently decided to check my PC's temperatures; installed a program called CPUID Hardware Monitor. I tried looking up average temperatures for some of my components and it seemed as if they might be running a bit hot. I haven't had any issues YET, I simply was just curious as to how hot my PC was running.

Here are the results: I was curious as to exactly how hot these temperatures really are (ie will they cause damage to my machine), and what steps I should take to lower them.

http://i55.tinypic.com/154dcb7.png

Appreciate any help!
Thanks!

EDIT: Nothing is overclocked, these are all stock speeds. Forgot to mention that.

aat7

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Alright, how bad is it though? Is it just a bit high or will it cause permanent problems in the long run? I will try getting a can of compressed air to clean out some dust, and I actually ordered a fan for my side panel, maybe that will help.

aat7

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Alright I will check that out. It is a bit hot here, room temp is probably in the high 70s to mid 80s most days. I have no AC at my house, things will cool down by the end of the month though.

aat7

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Just tried running a game, core temp is giving me readings at around 80c. No performance issues in the game though, everything runs fine except for this heat issue. It really is bothering me though, I need to find some way to bring it down.

aat7

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Alright, after getting rid of some of the dust in the heatsink, I'm getting around 70c'ish temps. Ordered some thermal component on Amazon, that should lower it even more. Thanks all.