Very low 3d mark score and poor performance call of duty

aburns1377

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
Hi all,

Just built a new system and have this weird issue. 3d mark gave me a score of 2,739 with this configuration. I also get a windows rating of 5.3.

motherboard: evga classified
cpu: i7 920 stock speeds (water cooled)
memory: 12 gb of corsair dominatior ddr3 ram
psu:1220 watt
graph card: Gygabyte Nvidia GTX 285 oc 2gb gddr3

system runs fine (was very careful when I installed everything) I have not messed with any overclocking as it is new and want it to "burn in" for a little bit. It is the oddest thing something I have never come across.

Here is what I have done:

Installed proper drivers
disabled the card enabled the card
uninstalled drivers

here is some of the results :

Result Analyzer

Your system Common system Fastest system
3DMark Score 2739

Processor clock 2653 MHz
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Memory 12288 MB

Validity Please note that this result has been produced using display drivers which have not been validated or approved by Futuremark and will not be visible on default result search on the ORB or on the Hall of Fame. For a list of currently approved display drivers for your hardware (they are the drivers from NVIDIA!)

Graphics card vendor Nvidia Corp
Graphics memory 2048 MB
Core clock 0 MHz <(weird?!?)
Memory clock 0 MHz <(weird?!?)
Driver name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Driver version 8.15.11.9038
Driver status WHQL - Not FM Approved
Linked display adapters No

Any help would be much appreciated every utility recognizes the card and says its working fine but claerly it is not (maybe). Thanks

aburns1377

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009

which ones?
newest version

should i just paste them in?

trkorecky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Seems like the drivers didn't install properly. Try uninstalling, Driver Cleaner/RegScrubVistaXP to clean your computer of what was installed, and try reinstalling them again making sure to reboot before installing new ones.

aburns1377

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks I am trying that today. I tried some yesterday too I just forgot to write that. I am pretty sure that they are installing correctly. I am starting to think it is a hardware issue with the card but I don't want to jump to any conclusions until I hav e exhausted all other avenues. Thanks.