Computer Turn on, random shut off

Rebnx

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
Before i tell you guys what the problem with my PC is ill list the specs.
i7 2600K Overclocked to 4.5Ghz
Mobo-Evga P67 FTW
Gtx 470 in sli
6Gigs ddr3 1600 ram
G skill Sniper SSD 120G
back up V-raptor for games
Cpu is cooled with the H70 The rest is aerocool shark blue fans.
Case is the coolermaster haf x
NZXt dual bay fan controller
Coolermaster 1000Wat psu

Now the issue im having is, I would power up the PC, Now EVGAs board comes with the gauge to see what the processor is running, Sometimes the thing wont move, i get no picture on the monitor and the whole pc shuts right off, i do this several times until it finally boots up, Then the needle in the gauge moves to 4.5ghz. Im stumped, the board and processor are only two-three weeks old if that, along with the case and fan controller, only older parts are the vid cards and ram. :(

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
ive had similar problems twice before both a long time ago. and both the power supply was the problem. one of the times i cut it too close for the power supply wattage.
it would die almost instantly. to fix it I had to start it up just to get the disks and fans spinning a bit. then do it again real fast to get the system started. otherwise it took more wattage than the PS could provide.

the other time i just had a capacitor in the power supply going bad. replaced and it was fixed.

Rebnx

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
Yeah thats what im thinking, Its 2years old, I dont think i have to much hooked up to it though that its starving for power, I have 6 fans two cold cathodes, and just the hardware that i listed before.