Lost my no-cd crack. Please help TIA

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 1, 2005 10:31:46 PM

July 1, 2005 10:31:47 PM

July 1, 2005 11:06:58 PM

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:46:19 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>> I lost my no-cd crack for the sims2.
>> Is somebody willing to post it again.
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>> antonio
>>

>There isn't one for Sims2.
>
>-georg

Hi George,

is there something else?
I thougth I installed some nocd crack or something else in the past to
let the Sims2 run.
Now I'm installing it again, but it's coming up with an error.
some other solution maybe?

TIA
antonio
July 2, 2005 4:47:49 AM

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:06:58 +0200, antonio <anmimeka@raketnet.nl>
wrote:

>I thougth I installed some nocd crack or something else in the past to
>let the Sims2 run.

Have you tried putting in your CD?
July 2, 2005 3:27:53 PM

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:31:46 +0200, antonio <anmimeka@raketnet.nl>
wrote:

>Help,
>
>I lost my no-cd crack for the sims2.
>Is somebody willing to post it again.

There isn't ant that work. There is a mini-image somewhere on the net
(perhaps at gamecopyworld.com), but you need Daemon Tools to use it
(it's a free program).
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:56:45 AM

I got the one at gamecopyworld, dumped it in the folder and it worked just
fine. I was really testing my PC specs on a rented copy. Anyway I liked
the game that much that I bought the company.....well my own disc anyway.
Still had to upgrade videocard though.

Ern

"Strider" <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in message
> On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:31:46 +0200, antonio <anmimeka@raketnet.nl>
> wrote:
>
>>Help,
>>
>>I lost my no-cd crack for the sims2.
>>Is somebody willing to post it again.
>
> There isn't ant that work. There is a mini-image somewhere on the net
> (perhaps at gamecopyworld.com), but you need Daemon Tools to use it
> (it's a free program).
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:56:46 AM

Were you able to build houses with it?

"Ern & Bella Station" <donNOSPAMdorrigo@thotmail.com> wrote in message
>I got the one at gamecopyworld, dumped it in the folder and it worked just
>fine. I was really testing my PC specs on a rented copy. Anyway I liked
>the game that much that I bought the company.....well my own disc anyway.
> Still had to upgrade videocard though.
>
> Ern
>
> "Strider" <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:31:46 +0200, antonio <anmimeka@raketnet.nl>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Help,
>>>
>>>I lost my no-cd crack for the sims2.
>>>Is somebody willing to post it again.
>>
>> There isn't ant that work. There is a mini-image somewhere on the net
>> (perhaps at gamecopyworld.com), but you need Daemon Tools to use it
>> (it's a free program).

July 5, 2005 2:56:47 AM

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:25:50 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>Were you able to build houses with it?
>
>"Ern & Bella Station" <donNOSPAMdorrigo@thotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I got the one at gamecopyworld, dumped it in the folder and it worked just
>>fine. I was really testing my PC specs on a rented copy. Anyway I liked
>>the game that much that I bought the company.....well my own disc anyway.
>> Still had to upgrade videocard though.
>>
>> Ern
>>
>> "Strider" <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in message

>>> There isn't ant that work. There is a mini-image somewhere on the net
>>> (perhaps at gamecopyworld.com), but you need Daemon Tools to use it
>>> (it's a free program).

I installed Daemon Tools and put the mini image in the folder.
Now sims is complaining about my graphic controller (Should not be
compatible with Directx9)
It.s an embedded controller in compaq deskpro 1 ghz with the latest fw
V6,13,013.
Is there somebody who knows about this problem and what to do?
gr
antonio
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:56:48 AM

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:12:59 +0200, antonio <anmimeka@raketnet.nl>
wrote:

>I installed Daemon Tools and put the mini image in the folder.
>Now sims is complaining about my graphic controller (Should not be
>compatible with Directx9)
>It.s an embedded controller in compaq deskpro 1 ghz with the latest fw
>V6,13,013.
>Is there somebody who knows about this problem and what to do?

I'm guessing you don't actually have the game, huh? Well... about the
directx compatible graphic controller, I had to reinstall Windows to
get mine to work properly... if you're unwilling to do that, run the
game in a window by adding -w to the game's shortcut.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:56:48 AM

"antonio" <anmimeka@raketnet.nl> wrote in message
> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:25:50 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
>>Were you able to build houses with it?
>>
>>"Ern & Bella Station" <donNOSPAMdorrigo@thotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I got the one at gamecopyworld, dumped it in the folder and it worked
>>>just
>>>fine. I was really testing my PC specs on a rented copy. Anyway I liked
>>>the game that much that I bought the company.....well my own disc anyway.
>>> Still had to upgrade videocard though.
>>>
>>> Ern
>>>
>>> "Strider" <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in message

> I installed Daemon Tools and put the mini image in the folder.
> Now sims is complaining about my graphic controller (Should not be
> compatible with Directx9)
> It.s an embedded controller in compaq deskpro 1 ghz with the latest fw
> V6,13,013.
> Is there somebody who knows about this problem and what to do?
> gr
> antonio

Your graphics controller needs to be compatible with directx9. If you don't
have directx9, you can go to microsoft and get it and install it. Also,
check the system specs needed at the sims2 site to see if your graphics
controller is listed. If not, then you need a graphics card that can handle
the sims2. There is a list at the sims2 site.

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:56:49 AM

> On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:12:59 +0200, antonio <anmimeka@raketnet.nl>
> wrote:
>
>>I installed Daemon Tools and put the mini image in the folder.
>>Now sims is complaining about my graphic controller (Should not be
>>compatible with Directx9)
>>It.s an embedded controller in compaq deskpro 1 ghz with the latest fw
>>V6,13,013.
>>Is there somebody who knows about this problem and what to do?
>
> I'm guessing you don't actually have the game, huh? Well... about the
> directx compatible graphic controller, I had to reinstall Windows to
> get mine to work properly... if you're unwilling to do that, run the
> game in a window by adding -w to the game's shortcut.

Okay, let's get this one straight. If he is using daemon tools to use an
image of the game, yes, he has to have the game installed in order for it to
work right. Got it?
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 3:04:55 PM

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:52:02 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>Okay, let's get this one straight. If he is using daemon tools to use an
>image of the game, yes, he has to have the game installed in order for it to
>work right. Got it?

Nope. The ISOs of the game are floating out on the ether. I downloaded
them over a week before I got my game in the mail :-P Couldn't contain
myself... sorry Maxis... tho the money had already left my hands hehe.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 3:06:24 PM

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:54:31 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>Your graphics controller needs to be compatible with directx9. If you don't
>have directx9, you can go to microsoft and get it and install it. Also,
>check the system specs needed at the sims2 site to see if your graphics
>controller is listed. If not, then you need a graphics card that can handle
>the sims2. There is a list at the sims2 site.

I have a 9800 PRO and had DX9b or c at the time, thousands of people
got the same erroneous message, which had something to do with bugged
registry settings for graphics and possibly monitor settings. Windowed
mode should work though, until he can get it fixed somehow. I'm
frankly flabergasted Maxis haven't tried to fix the problem... but I
guess we have to wait for the next EP... sigh... EA moneywhores :-(
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 9:33:12 PM

> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:54:31 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
>>Your graphics controller needs to be compatible with directx9. If you
>>don't
>>have directx9, you can go to microsoft and get it and install it. Also,
>>check the system specs needed at the sims2 site to see if your graphics
>>controller is listed. If not, then you need a graphics card that can
>>handle
>>the sims2. There is a list at the sims2 site.
>
> I have a 9800 PRO and had DX9b or c at the time, thousands of people
> got the same erroneous message, which had something to do with bugged
> registry settings for graphics and possibly monitor settings. Windowed
> mode should work though, until he can get it fixed somehow. I'm
> frankly flabergasted Maxis haven't tried to fix the problem... but I
> guess we have to wait for the next EP... sigh... EA moneywhores :-(

But he did say he had an onboard graphics controller and it sounded like it
was not directx9 compatible. Without knowing what kind of onboard graphics
controller, we really cannot help much more.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 9:34:39 PM

> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:52:02 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
>>Okay, let's get this one straight. If he is using daemon tools to use an
>>image of the game, yes, he has to have the game installed in order for it
>>work right. Got it?
>
> Nope. The ISOs of the game are floating out on the ether. I downloaded
> them over a week before I got my game in the mail :-P Couldn't contain
> myself... sorry Maxis... tho the money had already left my hands hehe.

I stand by what I said for this reason. All the daemon thing does is verify
that you have the cd in the drive, although it is a virtual cd.
Otherwise the game pulls from your hard drive where the game is installed.
July 6, 2005 1:11:07 PM

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:34:39 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:52:02 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Okay, let's get this one straight. If he is using daemon tools to use an
>>>image of the game, yes, he has to have the game installed in order for it
>>>work right. Got it?
>>
>> Nope. The ISOs of the game are floating out on the ether. I downloaded
>> them over a week before I got my game in the mail :-P Couldn't contain
>> myself... sorry Maxis... tho the money had already left my hands hehe.
>
>I stand by what I said for this reason. All the daemon thing does is verify
>that you have the cd in the drive, although it is a virtual cd.
>Otherwise the game pulls from your hard drive where the game is installed.

Not really, you can try this yourself. Make images of the game disks
with Alcohol 120. Mount the images in Daemon tools and install the
game from those images.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 1:11:08 PM

> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:34:39 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>

>>"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message

>>> Nope. The ISOs of the game are floating out on the ether. I downloaded
>>> them over a week before I got my game in the mail :-P Couldn't contain
>>> myself... sorry Maxis... tho the money had already left my hands hehe.
>>
>>I stand by what I said for this reason. All the daemon thing does is
>>verify
>>that you have the cd in the drive, although it is a virtual cd.
>>Otherwise the game pulls from your hard drive where the game is installed.
>>

> Not really, you can try this yourself. Make images of the game disks
> with Alcohol 120. Mount the images in Daemon tools and install the
> game from those images.

Well I have no way to make an image. And not downloading a program just to
test it either. I got my image from a site, but I have the dvd and
installed from that. I used to know stuff, but seems technology is passing
me by :(

July 6, 2005 3:15:27 PM

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 03:30:46 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>"Strider" <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:34:39 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message

>>>I stand by what I said for this reason. All the daemon thing does is
>>>verify
>>>that you have the cd in the drive, although it is a virtual cd.
>>>Otherwise the game pulls from your hard drive where the game is installed.
>>>

>> Not really, you can try this yourself. Make images of the game disks
>> with Alcohol 120. Mount the images in Daemon tools and install the
>> game from those images.
>
>Well I have no way to make an image. And not downloading a program just to
>test it either. I got my image from a site, but I have the dvd and
>installed from that. I used to know stuff, but seems technology is passing
>me by :(

You may have just the mini image, I think the one for University is
called something like sims2ep1_1.mir. This doesn't contain the whole
disk so you can't install from it, but there are plenty of full
alcohol images floating around the net.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 3:15:28 PM

> On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 03:30:46 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>

>>"Strider" <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in message

>>> Not really, you can try this yourself. Make images of the game disks
>>> with Alcohol 120. Mount the images in Daemon tools and install the
>>> game from those images.
>>
>>Well I have no way to make an image. And not downloading a program just
>>test it either. I got my image from a site, but I have the dvd and
>>installed from that. I used to know stuff, but seems technology is
>>passing
>>me by :(
>
> You may have just the mini image, I think the one for University is
> called something like sims2ep1_1.mir. This doesn't contain the whole
> disk so you can't install from it, but there are plenty of full
> alcohol images floating around the net.

Well I definitely do not have the university one, as I do not have
university. Don't really want it either, lol.

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 6:01:17 PM

> Well I definitely do not have the university one, as I do not have
> university. Don't really want it either, lol.

Well, I broke down and bought it, mainly for the 45 degree rotation cheat
and the musical instruments. I love watching my sims jamming away. The
university itself can go fly a kite as far as I'm concerned. The game play
is boring and repetitious. The options for new play are quite limited. I
HATE the handheld games, MP3 players and cell phones! I will never allow my
sims to buy another one. They become obsessed with them and won't do
anything else. I like the bonfire (which is HUGE), and I like the idea of
the NPC inside the dorms to cook for every body. There are a few more
building items that make some nifty buildings. I've not fooled with the cow
plant yet or tried to resurrect anybody.

I noticed this past weekend that Best Buy here had the game for $19.95 for
one day only. It will probably go down in price when Nightlife comes out.

Jeanie
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 6:01:18 PM

>> Well I definitely do not have the university one, as I do not have
>> university. Don't really want it either, lol.
>>
> Well, I broke down and bought it, mainly for the 45 degree rotation cheat
> and the musical instruments. I love watching my sims jamming away. The
> university itself can go fly a kite as far as I'm concerned. The game
> play
> is boring and repetitious. The options for new play are quite limited. I
> HATE the handheld games, MP3 players and cell phones! I will never allow
> my
> sims to buy another one. They become obsessed with them and won't do
> anything else.

Seeeee, too much like reality there, lol. I know people like that too.
Me, my cell phone stays home unless I am going on a trip or something. It's
my only phone, so it is my home phone and stays there, lol.

I like the bonfire (which is HUGE), and I like the idea of
> the NPC inside the dorms to cook for every body. There are a few more
> building items that make some nifty buildings. I've not fooled with the
> cow
> plant yet or tried to resurrect anybody.

That plant is the only reason I would even consider getting it.

> I noticed this past weekend that Best Buy here had the game for $19.95 for
> one day only. It will probably go down in price when Nightlife comes out.
>
> Jeanie

Nightlife sounds a bit interesting, if you like dating and such, which I
don't. The one thing which might entice me is seeing the neighboring houses
while playing a house.

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 7:30:15 AM

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:33:12 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>But he did say he had an onboard graphics controller and it sounded like it
>was not directx9 compatible. Without knowing what kind of onboard graphics
>controller, we really cannot help much more.

Oh... I got the distinct impression he had played TS2 on the computer
before he reinstalled or whatever.
!