Regedit won't run

Hi - I hope this is the right newsgroup for this question.

When I try to run Regedit I get the following error message and the registry
fails to open:

"regedit

Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was
completed."

This problem only started today (I've been using XP on this machine for
ages). Any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it? (I tried a Google
search but got no hits).

Regards

Dave

Dave, give your Ram a check. Try Memtest
http://www.memtest.org/

"Dave Rado" <drado@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
> Hi - I hope this is the right newsgroup for this question.
>
> When I try to run Regedit I get the following error message and the
registry
> fails to open:
>
> "regedit
>
> Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was
> completed."
>

> This problem only started today (I've been using XP on this machine for
> ages). Any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it? (I tried a Google
> search but got no hits).
>
> Regards
>
> Dave

Hi Rich

"Rich Barry" <rbarry@NOTsocal.rr.com> wrote in message
| Dave, give your Ram a check. Try Memtest
| http://www.memtest.org/
|

| "Dave Rado" <drado@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
| > Hi - I hope this is the right newsgroup for this question.
| >
| > When I try to run Regedit I get the following error message and the
| registry
| > fails to open:
| >
| > "regedit
| >
| > Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was
| > completed."
| >

| > This problem only started today (I've been using XP on this machine for
| > ages). Any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it? (I tried a Google
| > search but got no hits).
| >
| > Regards
| >
| > Dave

Memtest found no errors - any more ideas?

Regards

Dave

Hi Rich

Memtest found no errors - any more ideas?

Regards

Dave

"Rich Barry" <rbarry@NOTsocal.rr.com> wrote in message
| Dave, give your Ram a check. Try Memtest
| http://www.memtest.org/
|

| "Dave Rado" <drado@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
| > Hi - I hope this is the right newsgroup for this question.
| >
| > When I try to run Regedit I get the following error message and the
| registry
| > fails to open:
| >
| > "regedit
| >
| > Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was
| > completed."
| >

| > This problem only started today (I've been using XP on this machine for
| > ages). Any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it? (I tried a Google
| > search but got no hits).
| >
| > Regards
| >
| > Dave

The problem went away on its own (not immediately after running memtest - a
day afterwards). Go figure!

Dave