Is the Asus M4A78-HTPC/RC available in the USA?

Palug

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
I am putting together a HTPC and would like to build it on the Asus M4A78-HTPC/RC motherboard. Is this model available in the USA? I have goolged to my heart's content and have only found it for sale in European and Oceanic countries. Is there some reason it is not found in USA?

If it is not available for some reason would anyone be able to recommend a similar motherboard for this build?

Palug

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
Close, but it does not have the RCA jacks, coax audio out, remote, and I cannot tell if it includes:

- ASUS Absolute Pitch Hi-Fi
- ASUS Home Theater Gate
- ASUS Tranquil Mode (for AM3/AM2+ CPU only)
- DTS Surround Sensation Ultra PC
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution
- ASUS Fanless Design: Soundwave Heat-sink solution
ASUS Express Gate
ASUS EZ DIY:
- ASUS Q-Connector
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 2
- ASUS MyLogo 2

Perhaps I just don't see the features listed anywhere.

Palug

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009

Right on, but I have an old Sansui 9090db analog receiver I would like to use for my mp3s. Do you think it also has the other nifty stuff?

The HTPC version also has the ASUS Home Theater Gate, which seems like a very nice feature.

Please link to the board you are talking about, either at an etailer or at the asus site itself. RCA jacks are old and not commonly used now, you can easily get an adapter to turn an 1/8th inch plug into a red and white RCA but any good HTPC uses HDMI not RCA and DVI or even composite.

Palug

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009

Thanks for the reply.

I understand what you are both saying; I have several components with HDMI , DVI, and composite inputs and outputs. The link is here:

http://in.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=15970

The reason I desire the RCA jacks is because I don't want to have yet another adapter between my sound source and my old analog receiver. This particular board seems to really hit the mark for both digital video and sending out to an old receiver. Maybe I am just stubborn, but I really do want THIS particular board.

Thanks again.