XSPC X20 750 Reservoir & Pump Caught On Fire

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Check out what happen to me today, I am so happy that I was in the room or in my apartment at the time.
But scary moment for me and I am happy that I wasn't home in Osaka. (In the states for work)
I have a child back home and if I would have left my computer on like I did today downloading a game and it would have caught fire
My parent and daughter would have been in danger. On top of everything, it could have destroy my RIG completely and would XSPC pay me for a new RIG
I THINK NOT Here is a Link to the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K2C4B-BMo8

Link edited by 4ryan6

I have one of these and haven't noticed any issues. My dad said my computer smelled like something burning, but I think that's more the high-speed fans rather than the pump.

Do you know what happened in the pump/res? That video was a little non-descript concerning the what caused the burning.

d0gr0ck

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
How does something filled with water light on fire?! This feels like when the Top Gear guys managed to set a car wash on fire.

This is something I would never expect, with all the safety standards of shipping a product that involves electricity and water.

That was very fortunate of you to catch it before things could get worse.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

They will replace it and I am not sure when they are going to send it but I need it now

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

there was a crack where the wire was exposed and the liquid was touching, I'd believe for the last 2 months the wires tot he pump couldn't handle it.
The X20 are very cheap made and they say that it's flow rate is 750L/ph but in correction it's between 540 and 630L/ph, so now I am going to run two of them
see the video for more information

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMmSRAyK2Oo

A number of things could have cause that crack - acrylic has a very strong tendency to propagate cracks.

Why buy two of them when you could invest in a better pump? Get something like the MCP655 + XSPC Dual Bay D5 Reservoir. Basically the same setup with a great pump.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

another reason what I'd was looking into but they are spending me a replacement, and so and this might sound a bit silly but the pumps were not design to put pressure from two blocks (GPU and CPU) if I have one for only the CPU it will fully push 750L/ph but now it was only at a flow rate of 572L/pH

pretty sure if I'd add the pump/rev to the cpu by itself, it can work better and not stress the flow rate.

I think it's rated to push 750 LPH from the pump. Obviously as you add tubing and blocks the pressure will drop, so it makes sense that your flowrate has gone down (simple fluid dynamics).

My XSPC X2O 750 is getting me ~5.5C delta and great temps, so either you just had a bad pump or weren't getting what you were expecting.

bejabbers

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
good to know... I'm thinking about upgrading to the DD monsoon bay res with a D5 pump in the near future (will do so when LGA 2011 comes out and I'll be dismantling my loop anyways to do so). I'll be keeping an eye out on mine.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

Already tested the theory of yours and come to find our that Danger Den Pump, Koolance, ETC can push what ever LHP it says it can push, The pump was bad for day one and started to cause more issues for me and the fire, Now now I have replace the pump with two x20 750 running Two Dual Rads (push and pull) and temps are on idle 24,25,25,24 and full load are 48.51,49,52 at a overclock on 3.6GHz from 2.67GHz on a Quad Core i5 with a GPU waterblock.. Check out the new setup here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o85RkZvBeaA