rickstar

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Alright its gonna be summer soon so i want to get some new fans, preferably 3 because i still have my original case fan and its pretty loud and not that good. I have the thermaltake v3 black edition case and it has 3 spots for fans? 1 rear and 2 on the top i think. So i want 3 quiet but really good fans so please put some suggestions down.

And another qs, i have the msi p67a-c43 mother board is that able to have 3 fans on it?

Solution
if you buy 4 pin fans, they run off extra connections from your PSU. i doubt a mobo has 3 extra case fan hook ups.
if you run the fans from your PSU, they will run at full sped unless you get a fan controller. fan controllers are a good idea if you are concerned about noise. decent models can be purchased for less than 30 USD.( you said summer is coming, so you most certainly arent in the US)

if your front case fan is so noisy, perhaps buy a replacement for that. Dust covers are also a good idea too.

i like the cooler master fans. They run very quiet, and move a fair amount of air as well.

Mrthorp

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
if you buy 4 pin fans, they run off extra connections from your PSU. i doubt a mobo has 3 extra case fan hook ups.
if you run the fans from your PSU, they will run at full sped unless you get a fan controller. fan controllers are a good idea if you are concerned about noise. decent models can be purchased for less than 30 USD.( you said summer is coming, so you most certainly arent in the US)

if your front case fan is so noisy, perhaps buy a replacement for that. Dust covers are also a good idea too.

i like the cooler master fans. They run very quiet, and move a fair amount of air as well.

Solution

rickstar

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
kk, is there any problems with fans always running at full speed?

Atm i only have my original 120mm fan at the back of my case and i live in australia and our summers are bitches, so i dont want my computer to die lol.

and i had a quick look at my local store and looked at these: CoolerMaster 12CM Blue Led Silent Case Fan or CoolerMaster 12CM Transpart Blue Led Rifle Bearing Case Fan they are both only $15 what do you reckon.

Watered_Down

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah that is a good price in AUS monies...no there is no real problem running fans at max speed, just be aware that it is noisier and will shorten the life of the fan, so you should prolly check on them like twice a month to make sure they are still spinning. :D

Mrthorp

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
my fans run at 100% in my "2nd rig" they are noisy 92mm fans,, very noisy. if i didnt have a ton of HDD in it, being cooled by said fan, ive have it on a fan controller.

i have some cooler master brand fans( in main rig), rated at 19dba. i can not hear them, at least not over my second rig. i also have some after market fans in my main rig at 100%, they are pretty loud. the specs say they are 39dba.

the fans on my main rig are set to about 80% on after market to keep the noise down, and 100% on the cooler master, because i can not hear them( that being the case, i have them mounted at front, and rear of case so i can get max flow where needed. )