Mouse SnapTo will not turn off and I am about to kill myse..

The new Intellimouse thing was automatically installed,
and now the SnapTo won't turn off and points to the wrong
things. I tried to follow the steps in the Knowledge
Base articles, removing all the registry keys, but it
didn't work.

I am about to hang myself with my mouse cord.
5 answers Last reply
More about mouse snapto turn kill myse

    Hi Mike,
    It might be caused by the mouse driver/software. The mouse software settings might override the OS SnapTo settings.

    >> I am about to hang myself with my mouse cord.
    :-)

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    "Mike" <criticalmass@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:050a01c46e2b$21b4c280$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    The new Intellimouse thing was automatically installed,
    and now the SnapTo won't turn off and points to the wrong
    things. I tried to follow the steps in the Knowledge
    Base articles, removing all the registry keys, but it
    didn't work.

    I am about to hang myself with my mouse cord.

    I did a system restore, and that fixed the problem with
    the mouse. But now, a piece of software that I had
    installed after doing mouse utility update, and before
    the system restore, won't uninstall. I keep getting
    errors saying that InstallShield can't run.

    Any workaround? I'd like to uninstall the software, and
    reinstall it.

    Thanks!

    Mike

    Undo last restorations, then uninstall the software

    --

    <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c1e01c46e87$cae7b680$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    I did a system restore, and that fixed the problem with
    the mouse. But now, a piece of software that I had
    installed after doing mouse utility update, and before
    the system restore, won't uninstall. I keep getting
    errors saying that InstallShield can't run.

    Any workaround? I'd like to uninstall the software, and
    reinstall it.

    Thanks!

    Mike

    It won't let me undo the restore anymore. There are no
    previous restore points.

    >Undo last restorations, then uninstall the software

    In the System Restore main screen (the first screen), choose Undo Last restoration. Don't look for the restore points in the next window. If the option is unavailable, you can't undo the last rollback. Reinstall the respective mouse driver/software and uninstall it again.

    --

    <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:108e01c46ee6$91d1b670$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    It won't let me undo the restore anymore. There are no
    previous restore points.

    >Undo last restorations, then uninstall the software

Configuration Mice Microsoft Windows XP