Mouse SnapTo will not turn off and I am about to kill myse..

Mike

Splendid

The new Intellimouse thing was automatically installed,
and now the SnapTo won't turn off and points to the wrong
things. I tried to follow the steps in the Knowledge
Base articles, removing all the registry keys, but it
didn't work.

I am about to hang myself with my mouse cord.

Hi Mike,
It might be caused by the mouse driver/software. The mouse software settings might override the OS SnapTo settings.

>> I am about to hang myself with my mouse cord.
:)

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

"Mike" <criticalmass@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:050a01c46e2b$21b4c280$a601280a@phx.gbl...
The new Intellimouse thing was automatically installed,
and now the SnapTo won't turn off and points to the wrong
things. I tried to follow the steps in the Knowledge
Base articles, removing all the registry keys, but it
didn't work.

I am about to hang myself with my mouse cord.

I did a system restore, and that fixed the problem with
the mouse. But now, a piece of software that I had
installed after doing mouse utility update, and before
the system restore, won't uninstall. I keep getting
errors saying that InstallShield can't run.

Any workaround? I'd like to uninstall the software, and
reinstall it.

Thanks!

Mike

Undo last restorations, then uninstall the software

--

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c1e01c46e87$cae7b680$a301280a@phx.gbl...
I did a system restore, and that fixed the problem with
the mouse. But now, a piece of software that I had
installed after doing mouse utility update, and before
the system restore, won't uninstall. I keep getting
errors saying that InstallShield can't run.

Any workaround? I'd like to uninstall the software, and
reinstall it.

Thanks!

Mike

It won't let me undo the restore anymore. There are no
previous restore points.

>Undo last restorations, then uninstall the software

In the System Restore main screen (the first screen), choose Undo Last restoration. Don't look for the restore points in the next window. If the option is unavailable, you can't undo the last rollback. Reinstall the respective mouse driver/software and uninstall it again.