Sign in with
Your question

OEM Dell MOBO - Need Help with Front I/O Panel connectors of CM Scout

Last response: in Motherboards
January 23, 2010 3:19:18 PM

Background Info:
This is the first time I've ever put components into a case other than a stock manufacturer's. I recently purchased a Cooler Master Storm Scout.

For starters I have a stock Dell Vostro 220MT motherboard made by Foxconn. I've got a 3 GHz C2D, 6 MB L2, 3 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate, 30 GB OCZ Vertex SSD, 500 GB Seagate HDD, and a GTX 260. I am putting these components into the newly purchased CM Storm Scout case.

MOBO Info:
I found these numbers on the back of my mobo; Foxconn ML1 94V-0 E253117. However, I can't find any information about this model on the Foxconn website (unless of course someone can prove me wrong).

My question/issue:
The CM Storm Scout case has 5 individual leads that go to the "FRONT PANEL" mobo header: "POWER SW" "RESET SW" "HDD LED" "POW LED+" "POW LED-". Unfortunately, I don't know which order these plug in to the mobo header.

The previous Dell case I had had the power button, power LED, and HDD LED leads/wires all combined into one plug for the "FRONT PANEL" mobo header.

Is there a schematic of the individual pins of the "FRONT PANEL" that are responsible for each of the above functions (for example: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS...) that will work for my motherboard? Are all front panel headers universal? Could I just follow the above diagram and be safe?
October 25, 2011 9:29:10 AM

i know that pins 5 and 6 is power sw
m
l
!