Solved

Tagan600W can handle??

hey there all .. id like to get some feedback on how much my PSU can handle .. my current system spec is ..

CM Elite 310
Asus M4A785TD-V Evo
AMD Athlon II x2 245 2.9ghz
kingston value ddr3 2gb
Tagan Stonerock 600W active pfc
ATi 4850 vaporx 1gb ddr3
1 320gb hdd and 1 lg dvd drive

im planning to replace my athlon 2 with the phenom II x4 955 black edition 3.2ghz

do u think there will be any power shortage ?? thanks ! (:
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tagan600w handle
  1. Your PSU will be adequate...
    Though I will also advice you to get 2GB more ram.
  2. yea .. i was thinking of getting another 2 gb and changing into 64 bit .. but my frends said that some 32 bit games cant run on 64 bit win 7..btw any more tips on how i shud upgrade my current pc ? its quite new .. the pc is around 2 months and the mobo is 2 weeks lolz.. thanks for replying =]
  3. You should be okay.

The general rule of thumb is a high quality 500 to 550 watt power supply with sufficient current (amps) on the 12 volt rail(s) can easily power a system with any single video card made.
  4. icic.. i don quite understand "The general rule of thumb is a high quality 500 to 550 watt power supply with sufficient current (amps) on the 12 volt rail" sorry im quite new to these haha..still learning thoughh..btw is this tagan stonerock 600w a gud psu to go ?

thx for replying =]
  5. Best answer
    trifty said:
    yea .. i was thinking of getting another 2 gb and changing into 64 bit .. but my frends said that some 32 bit games cant run on 64 bit win 7..btw any more tips on how i shud upgrade my current pc ? its quite new .. the pc is around 2 months and the mobo is 2 weeks lolz.. thanks for replying =]

Almost all 32 bit games work on 64bit.
    If they don't work (though i have not seen any myself) then dual boot with 32 bit OS...

All other things are good...I mean no bottleneck...

"The general rule of thumb is a high quality 500 to 550 watt power supply with sufficient current (amps) on the 12 volt rail(s) can easily power a system with any single video card made."

Means a 550W PSU from good brands like Corsair,Antec ,Seasonic etc will be adequate for any single card.

Your Tagan is good but not like the ones I mentioned.
  6. true true.. thanks again .. now i understandd..=D .. can my current rig support phenom II x4 965 or 955 black edition?
  7. Yes it will support those processor...
    965 is a little less bang for buck as compared to 955.So get the 955.
  8. alrites =].. ill aim for the 955 blk edition then..thanks for ur help~(:
  9. No prob ;)
  10. btw if theres anyone who wana give some tips or recommend a good upgrade plz do so.. i really really nid your comments =D ..
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components