Removing square white outline from desktop w/red X in upper left corner of squar

Hello,
On my opening desktop background, I have a white line square outline, with a small white square w/red X in the upper left corner. How do I remove it from the screen - it stays there no matter what I put on the background. I got it when putting an original photograph on my desktop background.
4 answers Last reply
More about removing square white outline desktop upper left corner squar
  1. Go back into the Display Properties.
    Select the Desktop tab.
    Choose Customize Desktop.
    Select the Web tab.
    Uncheck and/or delete any web pages listed.
    Hit OK twice.
  2. It's still there, i.e., the square outline. In the web tab, there was a former address for my old desktop background, which I deleted, and my current desktop, which I unchecked. The ok would only let me hit it once - it wouldn't hit twice. I have Windows XP 3sp for a format os. I followed your instructions to the "T"!
  3. I got this square outline when I was trying to take one picture out of my desktop background and put in another with my Picasa 3 software. Maybe this additional info will be of help! Any help will be tried and appreciated!
  4. PhilFrisbie said:
    Go back into the Display Properties.
    Select the Desktop tab.
    Choose Customize Desktop.
    Select the Web tab.
    Uncheck and/or delete any web pages listed.
    Hit OK twice.

Thank you PhilFrisbie! That little white square has been on my desktop for years!!

Just uploaded a new photo of my boys and it fenced in one of their noses. This was the first thing I Oogled and it worked - no bother.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Desktops Windows XP