Sign in with
Your question

AKASA Nero AK-967 vs Hyper 212+

Last response: in Overclocking
September 13, 2011 12:52:39 PM

So I've checked around the net for a few reviews and most of them seem questionable. There aren't really any direct comparisons between those two except for the frostytech review.

Therein, the Akasa model shows 1-2 degrees higher temps than the 212 but on the other hand it's cheaper and shows about 12dB lower noise at a lower price.

The question is: since the ASRock board I'm using has both 775 and 1155 hsf support, will the Akasa, which doesn't natively support 1155 fit in snug on the lga and would it do the same good job as on other sockets?

a b K Overclocking
September 13, 2011 1:09:13 PM

does your cooler say it supports 1156? from what i understand, 1155, and 1156 coolers will mount the same.
September 13, 2011 1:14:35 PM

It supports any AMD socket from the AM series, intel's 775 and 1366 BUT the ASRock mobo has the 775 mounting holes and the hfs does have 775 support.

It's not a question whether it's possible but a question if it'll fit and do it's job as stated in the reviews and specs
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
September 13, 2011 1:31:18 PM

well, we would need measurements and specs of the items in questions. your fan/cooler should have dimensions listed somewhere. look those up, and compare it to your board( which we'd also need specs on in order to answer better)
a b K Overclocking
September 13, 2011 1:51:14 PM

you should have no issues.
September 13, 2011 1:55:21 PM

That I know from the start of the thread. It was a matter of having a good fit and efficient cooling that I was asking about.
a b K Overclocking
September 13, 2011 2:02:38 PM

YOU WILL HAVE NO ISSUES.
perhaps you were too busy giving attitude to not read the answer provided.
i understand your question . if you dont like the answer i gave, sit around and wait for someone else to do it.

you asked if it would fit and cool, i said we needed more info, you werent worried about it cooling, just the fit, so after you gave specs, i said "you'll have no issues"

perhaps you are the one who doesnt get it now.

next time, be more aware when someone has answered your question for you, or, answer it yourself.
September 13, 2011 2:19:00 PM

God, you're dense.

You don't even understand what I'm asking. Seriously.

There is a socket difference, one that the cooler doesn't natively support. The CCO feature doesn't support all socket 775 coolers and the list is nowhere to be found.

What i WAS asking for was if the socket difference make the cooler have a different grip on the socket and on the other hand how much would the effective difference in cooling be when it comes to the various CPUs that gow tih those sockets.

Fit snug =/= fit at all
!