AlbTroll

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Okay I have a computer with XP Pro SP3 with Realtek ALC888 HD Audio on the motherboard. I cannot get any of the plugs to detect that I have plugged in any speakers, mics or headphones.

Alot of people have had issues getting the drivers to install because of a conflict with Microsofts UAA but that isn't the case here, I have divers installed 2.35 (from realtek) and I get the sound manager and everything. The sound manager never will detect that I have plugged in a pair of speakers (I have tried many different types)

Has anyone also experianeced this or something similar?

I have also used a number of different realteck drivers for thier HD audio going as far back as v2.27.

AlbTroll

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
The sound card isn't disabled, there are now jumpers and it is enabled in the BIOS. The only issue is that it does not "detect" speakers or headphones being plugged into ANY jack. With these Realtek audio chips the seem to need to detect a output device in order to acutally output sound.

Teun_2

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009

I've git the same issue here. I swapped motherboards without installing windows (motherboards are nearly indentical, same chipset, same soundcard (ALC888 HD Audio) etc. just different manufacturer).

Have you found a solution yet? I'm not really willing to reinstall windows and all my programs, so if no solution is found, i think i will just buy a pci-soundcard.