Former AMD CEO Ruiz Allegedly Involved in Insider Trading Case

The Wall Street Journal reported it on Tuesday. I saw it in the paper, and was amused enough at the silence here that I decided to wait and see how long it took before someone brought it up.

2 Days.

jennyh

Splendid
Pretty pointless right now, there aren't enough details to make a decent discussion.

If charged and found guilty however, I hope he gets some islamic style justice from his current employers.

LOL.

I agree, not too many details right now. However, since it's on the Internet it must be true... jkjk

I'm glad to be of use!

Naww, I'm not busy, let's move it up to now....

OMG. AMD are evil. AMD are cheating its investors. Buy Intel so you don't have to support evil insider trading. AMD are eating aborted fetuses.

This is END for Intel Evil!

There are 4 facts of Intel that none can ever deny:

1. INTEL makes ALL CANCER IN WORLD! The evil FSB of bloated chips radiates cancer causes. Intel even admits cancer: HERE.
Exlpoding laptop batteries are caused by the cancer waves as Sharikou undeniably proved.

2. AMD will CURE ALL CANCER. This is undeniable proven. AMD has cured Lance Armstrong of all cancer that Intel gave him!
see Armstrong being cured of all cancer by AMD chips!
Oh, you evil Intel fanbois say, why give Cancer to Armstrong? Ha Ha, so obvious, he use a BIKE to go so fast it make the primitive Intel BUS system seem slow, so they try to kill him! Heroic AMD save the day. Opterons cure cancer, Barcelona is proven to cure AIDS!

3. AMD will SOLVE Grobal Walming!! The evil fabois at pro-Intel site like Anand and totally fake 'Doctor' Tom use power meters that are cheating by optimize for Intel evil CPU. The power meters intentionally LIE about the fact that INTEL chips use WAY more power. But it is even worse, since they also LIE about AMD chips!! The Barcelona archictecture is SO advance (10 generations ahead of INTEL) that it MAKE power. This is proven in laptops that AMD gives away to poor countries for free to save the world. AMD will produce so MANY Barcelonas by 2008 that every poor child will have a laptop with a Barcelona that will educate AND POWER FULL VILLAGE WITH 0 POLLUTION!!! Evil Intel wants to stop this so it can make cancer instead!!

5. INTEL IS ALREADY BK!!! Do not believe some fanboi that says Intel makes money, or even paid Intel shill that try to be 'reasonable' by saying Intel BK in Q2 '08. Intel ALREADY BK, they just used last of money from Evil P4 cancer-chips to pay off pumpers on 'news' sites like CNN to lie and say they make money. Any intelligent person could see that Intel is 10 generations back of AMD how could they ever make any money? Total unpossibility!!

Once you learn truith, only then can you be truly objective industry analyst like Shakirou.

("The Burninator", June 1st, 2007)

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009

lol ... at this as well as 'Doctor Tom'

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
|TIN FOIL PACKET PROTECTION FROM NSA |
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Leave it to the boneheads at the FBI and US Attorney's Office to uncover the worst kept secret in the IT world (while Wall Street financial institutions reamed US Taxpayers of trillions of dollars).

</end packet protection>

Good one, Jenny. :)

Upholds my belief that both corporations are merely (incredibly large) businesses, who produce "product". No more. No less.
Though I must admit to a certain amount of amusement, given what flys around the forums here on a regular basis.

jennyh

Splendid
I disagree. Even if Ruiz is found guilty of something here, it doesn't reflect poorly on AMD if AMD says and does the right thing afterwards.

Ditto for Global Foundries. If, however he is found guilty of some crime and remains in his position then questions should be asked.

It is pretty unlikely he'll be found guilty over anything, so using this as an excuse to reinforce your belief that AMD is crooked like intel is flat out wrong, for now.

uncfan_2563

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009

watch it pal, you could offend someone by saying that.

uncfan_2563

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009

well if he said that he meant eye for an eye, i wouldn't have reacted to it. I live my life by an eye for an eye anyways :p

jennyh

Splendid
I do mean eye for an eye, except I'm probably a bit more extreme than that. If the americans and arabs do one thing right, it's punishment.

Europeans are far too lenient, we'd rather send our criminals off on holiday camps to rehabilitate them.