Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneg5

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I have reformated a computer with a GeForce 6100sm-mv mobo. There a few problems, 1 4 yellow questions maks next to the following, other pci bridge, pci device, sm bus controller, and video controller. Where can I find the drivers for these. Sencond problem, there is an onboard lan that xp does not find. How do I get this deivce recognized? Thanks.

tortnotes

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
You need to go to the manufacturer's website and download the drivers for your motherboard, video card, etc, etc. If you bought the computer from a company like Dell or HP, you should be able to find all of the drivers in one place on their support site.
If it's a home-built system or otherwise has no support, you'll have to go to the website of the motherboard manufacturer, video card manufacturer, etc and download the latest drivers. Google is your friend here.

wayneg5

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Thanks for the reply but how do I know what the device manufacturers are if all of the devices are integrated on the board? I did go to the mobo manufacturer and found a chipset download but I'm not sure this is going to work. What about my lan issue? Should I just diasable this in the BIOS and purchase a NIC card? Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.