Palit GTX 260 SLI Graphical Glitch

MikeHill85

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
When playing Crysis/FarCry2/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with my GTX 260 cards I get a horrible graphical glitch. When moving if I'm looking at grass or the ground I see some sort of grid/matrix that almost appears to be under the ground. When I stop moving I just see the grass/foliage normally. It is the same with SLI enabled or disabled. Also, this occurs as soon as the game is started. My cards are not overclocked. They are using standard settings. Any idea of what could cause this? It is so bad that these games are almost unplayable.

customisbetter

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
THis sounds like an outdated graphics driver issue. Go to NVidias site and download the LATEST drivers possible for you cards adn see if that helps. I fyou can, delete your old drivers first.

MikeHill85

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
I already did. I have the most up to date drivers from NVidia. It was a clean install of Windows 7 64 bit. I've had this same issue in XP/Vista 32 Bit and Windows 7 64 bit.

MikeHill85

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009

The only game I can think of that doesn't do this is Bioshock. It seems to run quite nicely. It seems that any game with foliage will cause this glitch to happen. It only happens when I'm moving in the game but it is absolutely unbearable. I'm not sure what to call this problem so I've been having a lot of trouble researching it. I haven't overclocked either of my cards from their standard settings but I was thinking that perhaps downclocking could help fix this. Not sure if my Palit cards are overclocked normally or not or how I would go about downclocking in the first place.