Greek house

How do I get my college Sims to join the Greek House?

--
--Cuth

> How do I get my college Sims to join the Greek House?
>
> --
> --Cuth

The easiest way seems to be have them make friends with a member and have
the member ask them. If they are friendly with some of the members and
call and ask to join, they pledge for a while and can be ordered to do do
things by the members without the members losing influence points.

Either that or start one of your own.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Nancy Scott" <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote in message

> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > How do I get my college Sims to join the Greek House?
> >
> > --
> > --Cuth
> >
> The easiest way seems to be have them make friends with a member and have
> the member ask them. If they are friendly with some of the members and
> call and ask to join, they pledge for a while and can be ordered to do do
> things by the members without the members losing influence points.

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 23:08:30 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>Either that or start one of your own.

There are so many bugs with greek houses, I tend to just leave them
alone...

Nancy Scott wrote:
> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>>How do I get my college Sims to join the Greek House?
>>
>>--
>>--Cuth
>>

> The easiest way seems to be have them make friends with a member and have
> the member ask them. If they are friendly with some of the members and
> call and ask to join, they pledge for a while and can be ordered to do do
> things by the members without the members losing influence points.

Sooooooo, the question is how do I know I'm making friends with someone
who is a member? Do they run around in togas? ;-)

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Sooooooo, the question is how do I know I'm making friends with
> someone who is a member? Do they run around in togas? ;-)

Some of them do. The easiest way though is just to use the college
directory. They are listed by their house so just call Sims in the house you
want to pledge.

Gareeth

You get an option on the phone to join a Greek House. The members come over
and you have a time limit to get their relationship level to a certain
point. It is possible to do. But in the case it does not work out, your
sim can phone them up and build a relationship with those Sims and then try
again.

I have started several of my own Frats. I like to have the members ask
their friends and relatives to pledge. They simply have to spend sufficient
time hanging around the House and then they become members and you can
invite them to move in if their is room. During the pledge time you get to
boss them around. I think that is the fastest and easiest way to do it.

> How do I get my college Sims to join the Greek House?
>
> --
> --Cuth

I'm English - so I don't bother at all. I'll take your word for it. It's
an American thing, the idea of Greek houses.

Best wishes
Maxon

bd85tx wrote:
> You get an option on the phone to join a Greek House.

I am not getting said option, at least with some of my Sims.

--
--Cuth

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 15:08:22 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>I'm English - so I don't bother at all. I'll take your word for it. It's
>an American thing, the idea of Greek houses.

Indeed. We have no such thing as frats either. We have some
interesting customs that mimic a lot of their behavior though, but...
no houses.

> bd85tx wrote:
>> You get an option on the phone to join a Greek House.
>
> I am not getting said option, at least with some of my Sims.
>
> --
> --Cuth

I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think that your Sim has to already
know at least one member of the group before the option appears.

Guardian Pegasus <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 23:08:30 GMT, "Maxon"
><jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>Either that or start one of your own.
>
>There are so many bugs with greek houses, I tend to just leave them
>alone...

Like what?

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

Guardian Pegasus <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 15:08:22 GMT, "Maxon"
><jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm English - so I don't bother at all. I'll take your word for it.
>>It's an American thing, the idea of Greek houses.
>
>Indeed. We have no such thing as frats either. We have some
>interesting customs that mimic a lot of their behavior though, but...
>no houses.

Frats and Greek houses are the same thing.

In many ways, 'Greek' society isn't much different than the House
system in England - but it's self organized and seperate from the
school.

D.
--

"Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Guardian Pegasus <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 15:08:22 GMT, "Maxon"
> ><jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I'm English - so I don't bother at all. I'll take your word for it.
> >>It's an American thing, the idea of Greek houses.
> >
> >Indeed. We have no such thing as frats either. We have some
> >interesting customs that mimic a lot of their behavior though, but...
> >no houses.
>
> Frats and Greek houses are the same thing.
>
> In many ways, 'Greek' society isn't much different than the House
> system in England - but it's self organized and seperate from the
> school.

What house system? Oh, you mean school houses? Not everyone went to that
sort of school!

As I understand it, the Greek/Frat/Sorority system is based on (the idea of)
ancient Greek schools - Plato wandering round his olive grove spouting off
and so on, hence the togas. The Greeks had fraternities and sororities
(that's where the names come from) too though the sororities were far less
numerous. I'd have thought it (the American system) would have had more in
common with German colleges than English educational systems since so much
of the American educational system is based on German models (hence
kindergarden) but I know next to nothing about how German universities are
organised. If there are any German readers here - do you have fraternities
and sororities in your colleges?

Best wishes
Maxon

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 18:59:12 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons)
wrote:

>>There are so many bugs with greek houses, I tend to just leave them
>>alone...
>
>Like what?

Trouble getting charter membership, trouble with the wallmounted
letters, trouble being a member of your own frat when you apply,
trouble joining other houses, trouble with friends and house levels...
trouble getting people to join...

"Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>"Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Frats and Greek houses are the same thing.
>>
>> In many ways, 'Greek' society isn't much different than the House
>> system in England - but it's self organized and seperate from the
>> school.
>
>What house system? Oh, you mean school houses? Not everyone went to that
>sort of school!

Not everyone who goes to (university level) schools in the US joins a
frat either.

>As I understand it, the Greek/Frat/Sorority system is based on (the idea of)
>ancient Greek schools - Plato wandering round his olive grove spouting off
>and so on, hence the togas. The Greeks had fraternities and sororities
>(that's where the names come from) too though the sororities were far less
>numerous.

Fraternities/Sororities have nothing to do with school per se. They
are about communal living and social support - not education.

D.
--

> >What house system? Oh, you mean school houses? Not everyone went to
that
> >sort of school!
>
> Not everyone who goes to (university level) schools in the US joins a
> frat either.

I don't think I said they did.

> >As I understand it, the Greek/Frat/Sorority system is based on (the idea
of)
> >ancient Greek schools - Plato wandering round his olive grove spouting
off
> >and so on, hence the togas. The Greeks had fraternities and sororities
> >(that's where the names come from) too though the sororities were far
less
> >numerous.
>
> Fraternities/Sororities have nothing to do with school per se. They
> are about communal living and social support - not education.

Yes, that's right but they are based on the idea of the schools of ancient
Greece.

Best wishes
Maxon

I have had none of those problems. I got some hacks to take care of various
problems with University and with overflow problems before I even attempted
a Greek House.....