Touchpad/pointer Problem

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
May 4, 2004 12:48:49 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,comp.laptops (More info?)

Hi everyone,

Some may recall that I asked about fan noise in a Latitude
CxpH 500 a few weeks ago. Today I installed a new fan (turns out the
sound level is identical--live and learn;-). I didn't have too much
trouble reassembling it: some of the plastic support lips kept popping
up over the keyboard, otherwise it went smoothly for a novice. I had
removed battery & hard drive prior to disassembling. After powering it
up again, however, I got a configuration error message. Before I could
explore it, Win 98 SE loaded. Some settings were lost or altered,
mainly writ display, but these were easily fixed. All the other
software works fine, save for the touch pad. The pointer doesn't
respond to it, nor do either set of buttons work. The CxpH also has an
IBM style touch point in the center of the keyboard and this also
doesn't work.

We have been using a USB mouse with this laptop and when I
hooked it up, it was fine. Of course prior to this the touch pad
worked alongside the mouse with no apparent conflict.

Question, is the problem likely one of reassembly--did I miss
align the touchpad and buttons with their electronics below, or do I
have a driver/software problem?

TIA

Andy Katz
Being lied to so billionaires can wage war for profits
while indebting taxpayers for generations to come, now
that's just a tad bit bigger than not admitting you like
the big moist-moist lips of chunky trollops on your pecker.

Paghat, the Rat Girl
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 9, 2004 5:11:11 PM

Andy Katz wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Some may recall that I asked about fan noise in a Latitude
> CxpH 500 a few weeks ago. Today I installed a new fan (turns out the
> sound level is identical--live and learn;-). I didn't have too much
> trouble reassembling it: some of the plastic support lips kept popping
> up over the keyboard, otherwise it went smoothly for a novice. I had
> removed battery & hard drive prior to disassembling. After powering it
> up again, however, I got a configuration error message. Before I could
> explore it, Win 98 SE loaded. Some settings were lost or altered,
> mainly writ display, but these were easily fixed. All the other
> software works fine, save for the touch pad. The pointer doesn't
> respond to it, nor do either set of buttons work. The CxpH also has an
> IBM style touch point in the center of the keyboard and this also
> doesn't work.
>
> We have been using a USB mouse with this laptop and when I
> hooked it up, it was fine. Of course prior to this the touch pad
> worked alongside the mouse with no apparent conflict.
>
> Question, is the problem likely one of reassembly--did I miss
> align the touchpad and buttons with their electronics below, or do I
> have a driver/software problem?
>
> TIA
>
> Andy Katz
> Being lied to so billionaires can wage war for profits
> while indebting taxpayers for generations to come, now
> that's just a tad bit bigger than not admitting you like
> the big moist-moist lips of chunky trollops on your pecker.
>
> Paghat, the Rat Girl

With nothing more than you've been into and out again, I suspect that
either the keyboard cable or the touchpad cable is not firmly clamped.
If these cables attach with a wedge clamp, it is possible to get one end
of the clamp fixed and then while doing the other end, the first end
pops back up. In any event, it is a cable problem of some kind.

a b D Laptop
May 18, 2004 8:08:37 PM

Hello Quaoar,

"Quaoar" <quaoar@tenthplanet.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:g5ednWUJaqvLHwPdRVn-sQ@comcast.com...

> With nothing more than you've been into and out again, I suspect that
> either the keyboard cable or the touchpad cable is not firmly clamped.
> If these cables attach with a wedge clamp, it is possible to get one end
> of the clamp fixed and then while doing the other end, the first end
> pops back up. In any event, it is a cable problem of some kind.

On my Fujitsu-Siemens Laptop it`s the same Situation. Touchpad and USB-Mouse are working without any conflict paralell.

--

Guido Albrecht from Germany

P.S.: Please excuse my bad english
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 11, 2004 5:44:47 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,comp.laptops (More info?)

On Sun, 9 May 2004 13:11:11 -0600, "Quaoar" <quaoar@tenthplanet.net>
wrote:

>With nothing more than you've been into and out again, I suspect that
>either the keyboard cable or the touchpad cable is not firmly clamped.
>If these cables attach with a wedge clamp, it is possible to get one end
>of the clamp fixed and then while doing the other end, the first end
>pops back up. In any event, it is a cable problem of some kind.

Oh, sorry, I didn't see this reply till now. Thank you. I'll keep that
in mind. I don't need the touchpad at present, but might later on.

!