*Extreme noob*Overclock the intel i7 NOT K

jaygoodie

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
So I have the intel i7 2600 (not the k version) and I wanted to just causally overclock to just try it for a later build and to just boost the performance little. The goal I have for overclocking is around 4ghz. I was told that I could overclock to 4.2 but im not sure about the side effects like only using 1 core or something? I still want to be able to use all 4 cores and all the features I can already get, but boost the performance. I am running it on an asus p8z68-v and 12gigs of xms ram. I am carrying it over from an older build so thats is why I have triple channel. and my graphics card in an EVGA 550ti FPB. I also know I need good cooling, but I already have a corsair h80 from my last build as well. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
-jay

Solution
You should have no real issues getting your processor to 4.0 and Asus has some really good overclocking tools that are easy to use. The one I use is TurboV (came on the CD for my mobo) and it sets me at 3.8 GHz (on my 2.8 GHz stock i5 processor.)

This site has some really good guides and resources for overclocking so browse around and check them out!

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
You should have no real issues getting your processor to 4.0 and Asus has some really good overclocking tools that are easy to use. The one I use is TurboV (came on the CD for my mobo) and it sets me at 3.8 GHz (on my 2.8 GHz stock i5 processor.)

This site has some really good guides and resources for overclocking so browse around and check them out!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS