What should i set my GTX 570 settings to for overclocking?

Hey everyone, I built my first gaming PC and i purchased an EVGA GTX 570 and I was to overclock the card for better performance. Ive googled around and have not found much help on what i should raise the settings to. Im not using liquid cooling or anything like that, i just was to boost the performance a bit. If any one could help me out that'd be greatly appreciated

Here is the current settings: http://gyazo.com/866a943580465e11e66d101a1572f1c1
5 answers Last reply
More about what settings overclocking
  1. Do this at your own risk. Bump each one up 5 mhz. Some will argue this is too low, this isnt their pc to destroy lol so I find this to be a safe number. Find your self a stress tester for the gpu, I use kombuster and let it run for a good bit of time. Usually 5 mins is enough time to tell you if its overclocked to high. If it is artifacts usually show within the first 3-5 minutes. If you pass the first 3-5 minutes bump another 5mz. Always watch your temps I let mine run from 60-75c and from time to time if im really into the game 75-80c but only for a short period cause at 83 it shuts down and resets into windows. Once you artifact you hit your limit back it off till artifacts quit. Once you met the point where your artifacts quit and you pass the 5 minute mark let it run for at least and hour watching the temperature and adjusting the fan speeds so you know what to set your fan at for a mix of cooling and fan noise control. Mine needs to be at 100% when overclocked in gaming and on auto when not.
    *Note-Yes you can destroy your stuff if your not careful.
    *Note-No I wont compensate you if you do.
    *Note-This is a basic copy and paste "Someware along the line someone did some really hard work and made a really nice post or sticky on this forum about this subject and you didnt read it and I got tired of explaining it on other forums as everyone else has which is probably why no one has answered you question but im a nice guy so here you are. Someware along the line someone made a really nice post or sticky on this forum about this subject and you didnt read it, this don't cover voltage modding, do some research.
    *Note-Always look for a guide to doing it and not for numbers to plug in cause hardware is just like people, not always perfect
    :) Cheers have fun if you choose to overclock
  2. Better watch out when you are overclocking, go above 1.040 at your own risk as you can easily kill your card due to the power vrm. Nvidia removed two of the 6 total phases this card can have compared to the gtx 580 while power consumption has not changed much. In overclocking a gtx 570 can meet and exceed the power consumption of a gtx 580. With two fewer power vrm phases for the gpu means the same load has to be worked on less components. In short the four phases that are there are having to deal with more stress than the gtx 580 and are prone to overheating while some have shorted out.

Do not disable OCP and OVP.
    Do not go above 1.040v on the core if you don't want to take to many risks if overclocking.
  3. I too have a gtx 570. But mine is an MSI Twin Frozr III, and it has 6+1 power phase for better overclocking. I don't know about you, but I've gone up to ~930 mhz, but I doub't its safe and I know its definitely not stable. My current confusion is that I OC'd to get better performance in Battlefield 3, and it did increase it, it smoothed it right out. But I got less fps on Furmark when OC'd than when @ stock mhz.
  4. I have a EVGA 570 reference card here are my clocks and they are very stable and get about 6-12 fps jump in performance playing BF3

Core Voltage 1075
    Core Clock 900
    Shader Clock 1800
    Memory Clock 2002
    Fan set to Auto

Using MSI afterburner made a video if you need help check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znkRcL_c6dM&list=UUJb1yEo77CIPisJ9ocCFSYg&index=1&feature=plcp
  5. briansklein said:
    I have a EVGA 570 reference card here are my clocks and they are very stable and get about 6-12 fps jump in performance playing BF3

Core Voltage 1075
    Core Clock 900
    Shader Clock 1800
    Memory Clock 2002
    Fan set to Auto

Using MSI afterburner made a video if you need help check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znkRcL_c6dM&list=UUJb1yEo77CIPisJ9ocCFSYg&index=1&feature=plcp

thanks for posting your settings dude that video helped a lot
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking Gtx Performance