Optical drive not showing up in bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghsmith9

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
Hello,
HP Pavilion DV9925nr optical drive not showing up in Bios, my computer, not detected at all. What can I try to resolve this?

Just as a sanity check, did you connect both the data and power cables to the drive? Try unplugging / replugging the cables, or even using different ones to rule out the possibility of a cable issue.

Also, some motherboards have more than 1 SATA controller and if you plugged the drive into a port for different controller than the one for your hard drive there's a chance that the other controller has been disabled in the BIOS.

elite5252

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

What you need to do is download and install Daemon Tools for free, then use it to mount a virtual (fake) CD drive. Then go to device manager, and you will see that the CD/DVD drive category has re-appeared for the fake drive. Select this category and scan for new devices. Your original CD/DVD drive should reappear on my computer and device manager. Enjoy! I only had to down load and install it and my drive started working, i was about to take the laptop apart then i saw this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.