My Computer specs.
Case: Antec Sonata 3
Power Supply: 500W Antec
Intel Core2 Quad 9550 2.83GHs LGA 775 95W
Gigabite EP45-UD3P Motherboard
G Skill 4GB (2X2 GB) 240 PIN DDR2 SDRAM 1066
WD 1TB HD
Zalman CNP 9500 Cooling Fan
GeForce GTX 260 Video Card (temp removed)

I have a problem. My computer did not boot up on its first boot. I have no power, no lights and no fans or anything.

I have the 24 pin power supply connected to the Mother Board. There is also another 8 pin connector power supply which is connected. I went over the connections to the front of the case and all looks OK + and - etc. :(

When I go to power-up and push the front switch, the led lights on the mobo flash on(the top 2 in red and the rest green. Then I have to reset the power for the lights to go on again.

I temp removed the video card

I would really appreciate any help!!!!!

No fans or lights is bad. Did you install the board correctly into the case?
Take the board out of the case, start with only the CPU/heatsink, 1 stick of RAM, and the Video card (hooked up to your monitor of course) Try to power it up outside the case. If you get nothing there, you either likely have a bad motherboard, or a bad PSU.

GEOJO2

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
I took the mobo out of the case and connected the card and monitor. When I turned the power (in back of case) on and pressed the button 2 faint led lights came on , the top one and the bottom one and then went out.

I am going to call the power supply co. mon morning before I go any further. The gigabite and the Antec manuals are alittle conflicting when it comes to the connections to the mobo.