How to setup a dedicated Physx card?

radiowars

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Hey guys,
it seems Physx is becoming more and more popular with each new game release and now I figure it's time to finally get a dedicated Physx card.

I have an Asus P6T motherboard and a single EVGA GTX 275. I was thinking of getting a 9600. My questions are,
1. Do I need to get an EVGA 9600, or would any brand work?
2. Can I put the card in my 3rd PCIE slot, which is 4x?
3. How would I set it up, though the Nvidia control panel?
Thanks for any help, if you need more info, I'll answer ASAP.

First thing I'd like to say is that you might not see much difference with or without the card. When you installed the 275 and ran the drivers it already has physics enabled and the card is fast enough to handle most physics without a big hit. i had a similar setup with a 9600 and it's not in my system anymore.

Secondly, If you want to install the 9600 or physics ready card all you need to do is install the card and boot up. Windows should find it. Then open the Nvidia control panel to see if the 9600 is there and is set to be dedicated physics card..... it should be but if not just put a check in the box next to it.

duffmanJR

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
i was thinkin about setting up a physics card for my comp do i have to have a sli motherboard or can i still use my intel chipset motherboard??