Sign in with
Your question

Sd card raw format

Last response: in Storage
May 7, 2011 9:08:21 PM

can anyone help my 32gb sd card say's its format is raw widows says it cannot complete format to win 32. how can i get this card formatted?
thanks in advance peter invadar@mail.com

More about : card raw format

May 25, 2011 3:22:19 PM

easy fix, go into "disk management" right click on your sd by finding its drive letter and format it to the format you want (exfat, fat32, NTFS)
its called (create and format partitions in windows 7..)

here is microsofts guide to doing it in windows 7

Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the Navigation pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk, and then click New Simple Volume. <-- this will be your raw format sd

In the New Simple Volume Wizard, click Next.

Type the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then click Next.

Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter to identify the partition, and then click Next.

In the Format Partition dialog box, do one of the following:

If you don't want to format the volume right now, click Do not format this volume, and then click Next.

To format the volume with the default settings, click Next.

Review your choices, and then click Finish.
May 31, 2011 3:16:30 PM

thanks a lot will try this evening.
regards pete (invadar)
Related resources
May 31, 2011 4:05:51 PM

invadar said:
thanks a lot will try this evening.
regards pete (invadar)

Your welcome.. (mark me as best answer if you think its the best)
February 17, 2014 6:23:26 PM

I recently also encountered the similar RAW card problem. So, in order to save both of my card and data, I firstly back up my data with the help of some data recovery tools like http://www.4cardrecovery.com/ and also format this card with the help of a card formatting tool online.
Moreover, after experiencing this, I also learned how important it is to back up everything important well all the time.
I hope you can also learn something from these troubles.
!