Advice for Homebuilt System

LeoRigonatti

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: The closer the better

BUDGET RANGE: Any, but not absurd.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, mainly.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Need only Graphic card and Motherboard. (Have a Intel Quad Core Q9450, Zalman 700w)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: None

PARTS PREFERENCES: ATI Graphic card and Asus MB.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1280x1024

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I'd like to use this PC for gaming, and good graphics are essential. (Was thinking of buying the ATI 4870X2, but still not sure about the MB)
My PC had a nVidia 9800 GX2, and a Asus MB, but they're both dead now, so I need new ones!

tecmo34

Administrator
The ATI 4870x2 is WAY overkill at your resolution. I would go with just the ATI 4870 1GB and you should be just fine. As for the MOBO, I would pickup the ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo. It is a very good ASUS board for the LGA 775 socket.

Edit: As you can see... hunter315 and I agree :D [:thegreatgrapeape]. Hunter315 just has the amazing talent of posting a reply just when I start to research/type my reply... hunter315 is the magician of posting first.

LeoRigonatti

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
haha, thanks guys. Hunter315, I have no idea. At first m computer was overheating, and unfortunatly my 9800 GX2 was damaged by it and so died. After her funeral, I took my computer to a technician, but when he installed a new video card, the new one died to! seems like a problem in my mobo, it just kills my video cards.
Thanks for the info though!