Sign in with
Your question

Bad Bios Flash...SOL????s

Last response: in Motherboards
January 24, 2010 10:22:03 PM

p55-ud2
just flashed the bios to fc7 using Q-flash
said the flash went fine and restarted.

Now when I try to boot I see the gigabyte screen for about 5 seconds, can't get into the bios or q-flash, and then it just restarts.

What the hell could have happened? Do I have to RMA?

More about : bad bios flash sol

a c 177 V Motherboard
January 25, 2010 12:41:18 AM

Try this:
Depress and hold FP power button until the thing shuts down completely and quits restarting; switch off power at the PSU or unplug it; jumper or short the CMOS reset momentarily with no power applied; power up, (hopefully) enter the BIOS, and execute the "Load Optimized Defaults", <F10> to save and reboot...
m
l
January 25, 2010 2:38:59 AM

bilbat said:
Try this:
Depress and hold FP power button until the thing shuts down completely and quits restarting; switch off power at the PSU or unplug it; jumper or short the CMOS reset momentarily with no power applied; power up, (hopefully) enter the BIOS, and execute the "Load Optimized Defaults", <F10> to save and reboot...

Thanks for the response.....

Just repeats same problem of showing the 2oz copper screen and then restarting....happens a couple times and then nothing

-Any other ideas?
m
l
a c 177 V Motherboard
January 25, 2010 1:25:03 PM

Eeekk! That's the only way I know of to escape the dreaded GB boot loop syndrome, and it's usually the trick... Does your board accept a tab at the (pretty much useless) graphical 'splash' screen to get to the POST screen? Might at least be able to see a little more of what's actually happening prior to the reboot... Do you have a case speaker? If so - what is it 'saying'; if not - try to scrounge one up - oft times, it's the only diagnostic info you can get! They're dirt cheap - if you whine :cry:  at a local computer shop, they might give you one off their 'junk pile' just in the hopes that you'll be unable to fix it, and need their services :whistle: 
m
l
!