Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • Graphics Cards
  • Sony Vaio
  • Compatibility
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
January 24, 2010 11:10:16 PM

I have a 2007 Sony Vaio and i wanted to install a graphic card onto it but i dont know how to find out which cards are compatible with my laptop and which ones are the best.

More about : graphic card

January 25, 2010 12:17:46 AM

You need to be more specific as laptops are not really designed for those sorts of upgrades. Chances are there are only 3, maybe 4 different cards that will work...unless you can weld in a new chassis and modify the housing not to mention the motherboard.

If you post the exact model number of your laptop, it will be possible to determine if there are any cards out there you can use.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
January 25, 2010 12:18:09 AM

is it a laptop?
m
l
Related resources
a c 169 U Graphics card
a c 136 V Motherboard
January 25, 2010 6:22:20 AM

pop42 said:
I have a 2007 Sony Vaio and i wanted to install a graphic card onto it but i dont know how to find out which cards are compatible with my laptop and which ones are the best.

Unfortunately you can't install a new graphic card on it,there are few laptops which allow the users to upgrade their VGA's such as some AW and Sager models.
m
l
a c 169 U Graphics card
a c 136 V Motherboard
January 25, 2010 6:22:48 AM

Upendra09 said:
is it a laptop?

Yes :D 
m
l
a c 107 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
January 25, 2010 3:15:36 PM

^+1

Sorry but it's a no go. The only way to upgrade the graphics on a laptop is to replace the motherboard and cooling assembly. Good ol Sony is known to have waaay too many different designs and models for their laptops, thus making replacement parts for their laptops more expensive than say HP who uses many common parts across different models.
m
l
!