Jack64

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Don't recall if I have ever posted pics of my system?? It sits in my garage, so if it is 100 degrees outside...it 100 in the garage!! The window unit is all the real cooling it gets. I ducted the air into the case and it keeps it nice and cool, I also ducted half of the airflow at ME, LOL so I an play my games without getting heat stroke!!

here's the pics!!

july2009008.jpg

july2009010.jpg

july2009009.jpg

Jack64

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Thanks, here in west Texas it gets HOT, so since I can't smoke in the house,.....the garage has become my sanctuary. so I have to fight the elements, in the winter it get as cold as -5 in the garage, and in the summer it gets to 105 out here. I have a heater for the winter and a refrigerated air in the summer. I make out the best I can. So far this I-7 systen ROCKS!!!! But you have to do your part also!!!!! So I share my AC with the system...now in the winter it's different...it get full Cold and I take all the heat!! LOL It loves the cold...me not so much!! LOL

n8dogg

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
you should get another fan and push/pull your heatsink. Probably get another 2-3 degrees cooler at least.

Jack64

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

Nice cable management!!! I really do need to do some cable management...as of now the cables manage me, instead of me managing them!!. I just don't know where to put them...you would think with a modular psu I would be better at that!! Guess I will spend a little time trying to clean up that spiderweb of cables on the bottom of my case. LOL, when I had the thermaltake armor case with the psu at the top..OMG it was a nightmare!! cables EVERYWHERE!!!!!

I have thought about getting another fan to pull more air across the fins on my heatsink...just haven't done it yet....also am thinking about water cooling....not sure, this is a very harsh enviroment for a pc to live in, dust is terrible....weekly dusting with the air compressor is almost mandintory. For now the window unit blowing cold (60 degree) air right at the 200mm front fan keeps the inside of the case really cool, after playing COD4 for a couple of hours the cpu is only running at 55C, it idles at 39C. the GPU gets to 65C and idles at 50C. LOL my hdd stay about 20C as it is right where the cold air comes into the case. LOL

Hah, thats cool, lol. Yeah I live in west Texas so I know what you mean. Without the air conditioner on running my system makes the room damn hot, so sometimes I'll point the room fan at it. I'm turning into a nocturnal gamer since I only run the air at night when it can be more effective ^_^.

I think its a coolermaster HAF 932(yeah, i had 932 from the start, never mind that 922 you thought you saw :p)

Jack64

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Yep, it is a Haf 932. Took the sides off of it for it's weekly dusting with the air compressor. Took the pics before I blew it off, man lots of dust!!