Issues with printing emails

Xmsteel

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Hi,

My fathers computer is having some issues when printing emails. His emails show up fine, but if he prints them they look like the picture below.
My mother is somewhat tech savvy and has done everything she knows how to do, and I haven't a clue either.

To help out, my mother asks kindly for step by step directions ;)
Below is an actual printed page I scanned. I believe he is using Outlook Express on Windows XP. The printer is a Kodak AiO.
Thanks.

img006.jpg

Please click the image, and then click it again to see the full size.

Solution
What exactly do you do to print this? Just hit print? Try to set the printer options to defaults. Do text only emails print the same way or only those formatted as html?

Looks like you are printing the source code of the email instead of the email. If you right-click on a web page and do "View Source" it will look just like this. I'm betting that if you print a true text email, or a text file, you will not see this, will come out as normal.

Sent a test email to this account and make sure you select Text as the format, see how it prints. Then go over the print options to make sure you don't have print source enabled. Maybe re-install the printer altogether.

Xmsteel

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

The email looks fine when opened and viewed on the computer. Not until you print it does it print out like that.

What exactly do you do to print this? Just hit print? Try to set the printer options to defaults. Do text only emails print the same way or only those formatted as html?

Looks like you are printing the source code of the email instead of the email. If you right-click on a web page and do "View Source" it will look just like this. I'm betting that if you print a true text email, or a text file, you will not see this, will come out as normal.

Sent a test email to this account and make sure you select Text as the format, see how it prints. Then go over the print options to make sure you don't have print source enabled. Maybe re-install the printer altogether.

Solution

Xmsteel

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

Thanks, but this didn't help. We ended up contacting Kodak and they remotely accessed our computer and fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help.