Motherboard Drivers etc.

chickenlimbo

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Hi all,
I am a novice builder starting a build soon, and I had a question about the best drivers to use for my motherboard. I have read that it is a good idea to download the most updated drivers from the internet as opposed to using the ones that come on the cd when I boot up for the first time, but I'm a little bit confused by the options on the manufacturer's website. I purchased the ASUS P7P55D motherboard, and am looking at this page for the newest drivers:

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=RBA8CzWoopUlYRFZ

What I'm confused about is which ones I actually need to download and install. There are separate files available for BIOS, BIOS-Utilities, Chipset, AUDIO, LAN, Utilities, SATA, and Others. Do I need the most updated file from each of those sets?

Thanks a lot,
Dan

LoneWolf_53

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I always install the newest drivers that are available for every category because by the time we purchase the hardware the drivers are already outdated and issues that may have manifested themselves with original versions would be addressed by the newer drivers.

Just make sure you pay attention to what operating system the files are for as often times there will be various drivers offered but you have to know which one you need.

The BIOS utilities are probably the same as on your operating system disk.

For example if you are going to use a 64bit operating system then you want drivers that are 64bit.