Suggest heatsink / cooling method for: (hardware details inside)

Fapaz

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Hi all. I'm going to be making my first gaming pc in a few weeks or around a month, before that I'm wondering if you guys can help me out.

The specs are:

AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 CPU- Black Edition (Going to overclock from 3.2ghz to 3.3ghz or around there)

ASUS M4A78-E Mainboard (With integrated graphics and crossfire support, according to ASUS the chip and another card will work together(?) )

G.Skill 4GB Non-ECC Memory, 2x 2GB, PC2-8500 (1066MHz) DDR2, 5-5-5-15 (F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK)

and a Sapphire Radeon HD4890 1GB graphics card (Slightly overclocked) and 750W Power supply.

My question is:

Considering the AMD Phenom is a black edition processor, could someone please suggest a good heatsink, because they don't come with one, and I wouldn't know what to look for.

Also, Would fans be able to cool down this system? or would I need to install a water cooling system? I really wouldn't like to spend another 100-200 dollars (Australian) buying a water cooling system if I can cool it just from fans inside the computer.

Thanks for your time :D

Fapaz

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Hi, thanks for the links and help. Much appreciated.

Would a heatsink that fits a 940, AM2 socket fit this processor? The processor that i linked above is AM3, and I haven't found any heatsinks that specifically say "AM3 Support", I've only seen "940 and AM2" support.

Thanks