Phenom II x2 unlocked but not all cores shown

sprinterman52

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Hi everyone,

So this is my first time here and I hope this is a good place to be posting this.

I got a Phenom II x2 BE555 on a ASUS M4A79XTD EVO and I have recently unlocked and OC it. The thing that is bothering me is that it says there are 4 cores active when I start the computer but according to CPU-Z there are only 3. I have also went to Start>msconfig>Boot>Advanced Options and it also lists only up to 3. Does that mean that one core is just not working or would I have to increase the voltage more?

Right now I have the CPU V at 1.5 volts, NB V at 1.35 volts, multiplier at x19.0, NB at 2200 MHz.

If you need any more info I'll post up ASAP, but thanks in advanced for any advice

You might need more voltage to stabilize that 3rd core. If it keeps stuttering, you probably wont have that 3rd core. There are reasons why those chips arent sold as 4 core chips. Some just need too much voltage to keep all 4 cores active, some have a bad core. You will just have to play with it. It is pretty common for programs to mistake the CPU's for other ones when unlocked, also try with latest CPU-Z verrsion.

sprinterman52

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
yea I got the latest version of CPU-Z, I'll try to increase the voltage a little more and if it doesnt work then I'll just stick with 3 now and not try to break anything.

And I am assuming that I have to apply a bit more voltage to the CPU. Also what does the NB voltage help to do when that is increased, never really did know all that much.

thanks